Certificate Obtained.

Your best chance at a major is going to be standing out in the interview process from hundreds of others with basically the same qualifications. Honestly, to get on with a major I would recommend becoming an expert on interviewing well

Throwback week with another revived thread..

Is Part 121 Supplemental operations experience truly something that will help towards working at a major? I know it's nearly the same besides the differences of 121.533-121.535 and 121.537.. It seems the 121 supplemental/ACMI experience is easily overlooked.
It’s helped many of us that came from international supplemental carriers to get on with majors.

This is honestly good to hear. I see so much that the only way to make it to the majors is through the regionals. Experience is experience though, and I'm glad to see that the supplemental side isn't overlooked. This means feasible options exist to those looking for their first gig.

This is honestly good to hear. I see so much that the only way to make it to the majors is through the regionals. Experience is experience though, and I'm glad to see that the supplemental side isn't overlooked. This means feasible options exist to those looking for their first gig.

A combination of regional and supplemental experience would be an ideal background IMO, especially for a cargo airline like UPS. (I'm not a hiring manager or anything, just going off of what other people here have said.) I personally worked at a few regionals and one startup national airline before getting to a major. I probably could have made it to a major sooner, but I really liked the startup airline I was at - unfortunately they ended up going out of business.

Back