Central Airlines Aero Commander Down Near KC

salute to another fallen freight dog and condolences to his/her family. There but for the grace of God go we all. Bad weather out that way last night.

edit: Another two freight dogs. Damn.

Can someone who can get the text please PM me with it. I can't seem to get the website to configure properly on my screen.

I do know that it looks like 411JT, the Shrike...

Most I can tell is it was a training accident...

God be with them.

Sorry ctab, It's never easy. RIP. I still get a knot in my stomach every time I hear of something like this. Peace be with the families. Hang in there bro.

Not a good afternoon, I gave Andrew Towner a ride back to MKC from IXD after he heard the news.

My condolences.

http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/...=30&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

To those that have been around or flown for Central Air, this is a hard one to swallow. According to the article, the instructor on board was the DO, Murray Brown.

I am still really in shock, so I really don't know what to say other than the world has lost a damn good pilot and a good friend to those he worked with.

I had the honor and privilege of flying with Murray on more than one occasion. We flew together on a MKC-CPS flight during training. I remember it well because it was the first time I had done stalls at night, let alone 2 o'clock in the morning. Murry was my check airman on my 135 initial at Central Air, and I just flew with him back in late March for my 6-month check.

Murray was tough, but fair. He pushed you hard because he knew what it would be like for us flying our routes. He made sure you trained hard and were actually ready to fly single pilot night IFR.

Not sure what else to say other than Murray will truly be missed.

Godspeed and tailwinds friend.

Kinda surreal having Murray gone like that. He was supposed to be sharing my route with me today, and I just talked to him last night.

The media is starting to spin this accident into bad maintaince, but Central's airplanes are kept up better than the average check-runner.

KCTV5 stated "...this airplane was 37!!!!!! years old." Gosh darnit.

He will be missed.

Kinda surreal having Murray gone like that. He was supposed to be sharing my route with me today, and I just talked to him last night.

I know what you mean.

The media is starting to spin this accident into bad maintaince, but Central's airplanes are kept up better than the average check-runner.

KCTV5 stated "...this airplane was 37!!!!!! years old." Gosh darnit.

I hate it when they do things like that. Glad it wasn't any of the older Commanders then...they would be having kittens knowing some of Central's birds are closer to 50 than 40. ;)

Central has some really good maintenace, and mechanics that know the Commander extremely well.

He will be missed.

Yes he will...

How are things at MKC? PM if you want.

The family of James P. Jambor thanks you for your kind words. This is a horribly painful and difficult time.

James loved flying from the first lesson he had at 12 years old and he died doing what he loved. Best wishes to you all. May your lives be filled with the skies and to your old age.

Back