Celebrities??

Bsmiller05

As I sit here, drowning in CFI lesson plans, I started daydreaming and was wondering how someone would become a pilot for a celebrity, or someone of the sort? With airlines, there's posted minimums and what-not, but how do you go about even getting in touch with someone like that? Is it simply word of mouth/networking? I realized I'm far too low on TT to even begin to seriously look into this... Again, just a low time, future CFI dreaming away. :crazy: Ha

Thanks.

Be a pilot of any sort of flights... I sat once with hayden panettiere on a united flight from LAX to SFO... my old cheif pilot has flown donald rumsfeld on a chartered flight on a 135 operator. To be a pilot of a celeberty in there own personal plane.... probably going to have to know the right people...

ps, how you likin the da-42

You could always give Angelina Jolie or Harrison Ford their BFR.

Speaking of celebs, I met Dominique Dawes on my flight to San Fran. She was on the phone setting up a massage, pedicure, manicure, and facial and she spelled her first and last name.

So I said, shouldn't you be getting on a plane to Beijing?

She laughed and said not anymore.

Ed Norton rented at the FBO I instructed at. One of our guys took him up somewhere in a 182. I actually talked to him on the phone, at the time I had no idea who it was, he said his name and I was thinking "Ok....great....what do you need?". Found out later he was the guy in fight club, after seeing him come in to the FBO and get a plane (I'm not big into US Weekly or whatever celeb mags are out these days). Oh and I once took Hilliary's mom from White Plains to Washington DC. Those are my two celebrity stories.

You could always give Angelina Jolie or Harrison Ford their BFR.

A former student of mine ferries Ford's plans around out of JAC some times. I dunno if he flies with him at all though.

Oh and I once took Hilliary's mom from White Plains to Washington DC. Those are my two celebrity stories.

Post Whitehouse and pre Senate she used to fly on those flights herself. One of the most low key VIPs I've ever had on board.

I had dinner last week at Oshkosh with Johnny T's 707 pilots. The captain (John is only SIC qualified on the 707) is a younger guy and grew up flying 707's for his grandfathers cargo business in South Florida. The other guy was the FE and head of maintenance for JT's fleet and was a retired airforce maintenance officer on the E3.

While they both had the credentials it sounded like they landed the job more on a "happened to know a friend of a friend" basis.

I've flown Mike Rowe(Dangerous Jobs), Trick Daddy(rapper), and a couple of cast members from Desperate Houswives.

Saw Snoop Dogg get off a QX crj a couple of months ago in Spokane. Not sure how himself and his bodyguard made it through the flight. A crj-700 is not very comfy.

Back