Cash-in-transit robbery attempt at Santiago SCEL. Delta A350 hit on the apron.

ArcherII

Developing story. Only outlets I could find so far are in Spanish.

It says they attempted to attack a truck with 32M in it, inside the movement area of the Santiago International Airport (SCEL). Apparently this very morning.

Attachments

• VID-20230308-WA0007.mp4
    985.4 KB
  • VID-20230308-WA0009.mp4
    3.2 MB
  • VID-20230308-WA0008.mp4
    4.6 MB
  • VID-20230308-WA0010.mp4
    5.6 MB
Lot of shots being fired in that first video, gonna need some serious inspections of all the nearby parked birds.

Developing story. Only outlets I could find so far are in Spanish.

It says they attempted to attack a truck with 32M in it, inside the movement area of the Santiago International Airport (SCEL). Apparently this very morning.
This! And the FAs. And the seats. And the cleanliness of the airplanes. And the meal service. And the wine service. And the video screens. And...

These are the reasons why, if you purchase the SCL to MIA code share ticket, you ALWAYS take the flight operated by LAN!!! Always! :)

See also: Traveling to Germany (United vs Lufthansa)

Also, just for the record. A lot of countries in South America move relatively huge amounts of cash to remote villages in planes like Beach Barons and Piper Senecas. With a few good folks, a little planning, and a bit of gumption, one could totally go all Butch Cassidy and Sundance down there even to this day.

Last edited:
I just worked a trip to SCL. I did not notice any more security presence than my last trip there. The captain didn't even know about the attempted heist.

Back