Cargo Jumpseat Question - Europe

OHPilot213

Not sure if I am posting in the right place however, I was wondering what experience, if any, people have had with jumpseating on cargo carriers international. I know we have no agreement with FedEx / UPS; however I know there are a few other odd ball carriers I'm not thinking of. Just using this as a backup plan in case United / Delta / US Air are all filled up. Trying to get to Rome and back for a week 8/3 through 8/11. In and out of a east coast US city would be preferable. Please share any experiences. Thanks!

Polar/Atlas have a pretty liberal JS policy from what I understand. Can try them if they are out there.

Unfortunately the only regular Atlas/Polar route westbound from Europe is LUX-HSV (yeah, Huntsville Alabama) which runs 5x weekly as an afternoon departure from LUX and arrives at HSV in the late evening (after the last passenger flights have departed :( )

However, if the schedules and locations work for you please come and use our jumpseats (and it'll probably be a 747-8).

Otherwise you might look into Kalitta to CVG out of Leipzig (LEJ) although I have no idea about their schedules or jumpseat policies.

We have an agreement with Kalittla, however I don't think they go to Rome. Does Polar/Atlas fly to Rome?

FWIW, a friend just took Kalitta AMS-EWR and said it was the best jumpseat experience he's ever had.

No ZED, just the reciprocal jumpseat agreements, which includes international with all the majors except American.

Back