Cares Act/PSP 3.0 Update?

Green12324

Does anyone have the low down on what the status of the PSP 3.0 is? I believe the bill that passed the senate and is now going back to the house has it included, but I haven't been able to verify that. Thanks in advance!

If you're referring to the latest stimulus bill.

It passed the house initially. Went to the Senate where they made revisions to it before passing it. Now the revised bill is on it way back to the house for a vote.

We anticipate it to pass either Tuesday or Wednesday and the president expects to sign it into law the same day.

For airlines I believe there is an addition $15 billion for payroll support, but I've only seen it mentioned in one source.

The big ticket items are $1400 stimulus checks and $300 unemployment boost through September 6th. Direct deposit checks should go out as early as March 15th. Paper checks 7 days after that assuming all goes as anticipated.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

IVE READ IN A FEW SOURCES THAT UNITED AND AA ARE GIVING OUT FURLOUGH NOTICES TO 13,000/14,000 EMPLOYEES..NOT TOO SURE WHAT TO TAKE FROM THIS AND THAT.. I GUESS TIME WILL TELL

IVE READ IN A FEW SOURCES THAT UNITED AND AA ARE GIVING OUT FURLOUGH NOTICES TO 13,000/14,000 EMPLOYEES..NOT TOO SURE WHAT TO TAKE FROM THIS AND THAT.. I GUESS TIME WILL TELL

For United the dispatch contract required notice before the bill would be signed. Once it is signed the furlough notices will be trash.

While this helps dispatchers now, it will most likely hurt the profession in the coming years. No doubt management at every airline will use these funding packages to possibly extract contract concessions but more likely to prevent improvements in future labour contracts. Any work group slowdowns or labour disputes will be met with a traveling public that feels airline workers are ungrateful for all the money given.

Even now, we all need to be extremely careful with our social media presence. Lots of other industries did not get all this money and job protection. Many people are struggling big time. Our managers and unions begged loudly and passionately for this money. I have family members that are healthcare workers and they are working more hours for the same pay during this pandemic while us airline workers get a bunch of extra fully paid days off. People like Jetting Julia and Flying with Garrett bragging publicly about their vacations and non rev trips can easily create a backlash against airline workers in this environment.

There is also the real possibility that airlines issue WARN notices every 6 months in order to extract more money from the government. It has worked 3 times now. I bet they will keep trying until the government turns off the money fountain.

Passed the House, headed to POTUS. $14b more for passenger airlines, additional amounts for airports, FAA and TSA employees, manufacturers, and contractors. No furloughs through 9/30/21.

Attachments

• CARES3-AviationExcerpt.pdf
    74.4 KB · Views: 20
While this helps dispatchers now, it will most likely hurt the profession in the coming years. No doubt management at every airline will use these funding packages to possibly extract contract concessions but more likely to prevent improvements in future labour contracts. Any work group slowdowns or labour disputes will be met with a traveling public that feels airline workers are ungrateful for all the money given.

Even now, we all need to be extremely careful with our social media presence. Lots of other industries did not get all this money and job protection. Many people are struggling big time. Our managers and unions begged loudly and passionately for this money. I have family members that are healthcare workers and they are working more hours for the same pay during this pandemic while us airline workers get a bunch of extra fully paid days off. People like Jetting Julia and Flying with Garrett bragging publicly about their vacations and non rev trips can easily create a backlash against airline workers in this environment.

There is also the real possibility that airlines issue WARN notices every 6 months in order to extract more money from the government. It has worked 3 times now. I bet they will keep trying until the government turns off the money fountain.

No airline is going to turn down a chance to eat out of the government trough.

Back