Caravan AD... Ouch!

Try it and see. Have someone turn the prop while you sit in the cockpit and watch the gauge. Turning the prop will draw cool air through the engine.....seriously...it works!
I'm too lazy, lol. We sometimes do 9+ legs throughout LA and TX in the 350 and it never gets that hot, even on <10 minute shutdowns.

I'm too lazy, lol. We sometimes do 9+ legs throughout LA and TX in the 350 and it never gets that hot, even on <10 minute shutdowns.

I see 200° ITT pretty regularly between turns in the Caravan, and I fly in Alaska, so YMMV.

Quit being a little bitch and make your FO do it. Tell him or her you did it for a year in the Sewer Pipe, whether 115 in Laredo or -20 in Canada.

I'm going to give a checkride here in about an hour so I will watch the ITT gauge while the other pilot spins the prop. That should confuse him thoroughly.

My post and comments were for those worried (or concerned) about high ITT for the next start. If that doesn't apply to you..............

My post and comments were for those worried (or concerned) about high ITT for the next start. If that doesn't apply to you..............
Motor the starter and wait for the ITT's to drop, then put the fuel in. Spinning the power turbine isn't really going to draw much air. The tiny bit it does, if you wait a minute, you'll notice it all comes right back. All the probe was reading was the momentarily cooler air that managed past the compressor section.

Supposedly if you opened the cowlings on the PC-12, it cooled things off quicker. I never did it, cause everyone would think the airplane is broken.

Motor the starter and wait for the ITT's to drop, then put the fuel in. Spinning the power turbine isn't really going to draw much air. The tiny bit it does, if you wait a minute, you'll notice it all comes right back. All the probe was reading was the momentarily cooler air that managed past the compressor section.
Exactly my point....thank you

Back