Can't Make Assigned ATSAT Date

Snare17

Hey guys,

So I was assigned an AT-SAT date of August 13-15 in San Bruno, CA for PUBNAT3. I'm going to be in Deleware from the 10th through the 15th, so I won't be able to make the AT-SAT. I've also applied under PUBNAT4 and 5 also. What should I do? Should I call the number on the email and try to reschedule?

Chris

The AT-SAT is given in different cities. You might be able to change your testing location.

I suspect your only other option is to give up on this particular job announcement.

Call Robinson Aviation and see what they can arrange for you. The folks I talked to when I set up my date all seemed to be pretty friendly and helpful folks. I'm sure you can get something worked out.

I ran into problems with my employer allowing me time off to test, and I got it changed twice. They didn't have a problem with it at all, except that they had a hard date I had to take it before. Other than that, NP.

I called them up this morning and they said those were the only dates. So I don't know what to do. I didn't call the FAA, I called the schedulers. So should I try something else?

I called them up this morning and they said those were the only dates. So I don't know what to do. I didn't call the FAA, I called the schedulers. So should I try something else?
You could wait for the next announcement to test, considering you applied for it.

Try calling the FAA... they're the ones who tell Robinson who gets to test and I believe they also determine where you will test.

Try the scheduler again. Let the scheduler know you would be willing to fly to another state for the test if needs be. My husband was scheduled for his AT-SAT the same day we were going to be in the Bahamas. He called Robinson Aviation and let them know he couldn't make it for that testing but he would be willing to fly to another state if needs be. They had an opening for him the week BEFORE he was scheduled for his test and he took it. He didn't have to fly to another state either...only a 15 minute drive to the Marriott by the Airport.

Honestly, since the test is contracted out, I don't know if the FAA could really do anything for you. My husband did try FAA first and they told him that they have nothing to do with the AT-SAT that it all has to be done through Robinson Aviation. You may get a different response but I doubt it.

Hopefully you get someone that is more helpful on the phone (with Robinson or FAA) this next time around!

Just tried Robinson Aviation a third time and the result was the same. The said that the tests are being given at ALL locations the 11th through 15th and i'm gone all those days in Delaware. I asked if there were any locations near there that I could slip away to take it, and the closest is in New York. I'm not going to have my own transportation while in Delaware so I'm pretty much stuck.

Luckily, I already applied for PUBNAT4 and PUBNAT5, so I would assume I'll be offered the ATSAT again soon. No more obstructions seen after next week. Just unlucky timing I guess.

Hmmm.

AT-SAT or Delaware.....AT-SAT(with a good career to follow) or Delaware(with.......nothing)

Hmm... AT-SAT or Delaware.

I'm going to Delaware to make a few bucks, and it's the last job like this that I get to do this Summer. The ATSAT makes me nothing and I would have to break the relationship I have with my current company if I decided suddenly to not go. So again, I know Delaware is probably not the most exciting place, but I'll have to hold out for the next round.

Do I want to? No, certainly not.

Hmmm.

AT-SAT or Delaware.....AT-SAT(with a good career to follow) or Delaware(with.......nothing)

Hmm... AT-SAT or Delaware.

Hi. We're in ... Delaware.

wayne3.jpg

Back