Can someone help me with my weight and balance conflict?

captainphil

When I did my weight and balance a few days ago it said I was over weight. I found out were I went wrong, I had a mis-calculation with fuel use. Just so im clear on it you multiply the GPH by the time right?My instructor said that's what I should do.

When I did my weight and balance a few days ago it said I was over weight. I found out were I went wrong, I had a mis-calculation with fuel use. Just so im clear on it you multiply the GPH by the time right?My instructor said that's what I should do.

I have a few free minutes if you'd like to call me. Just send me a PM with your number and I'll give you a ring.

I'm kinda confused by what you are asking. If you are trying to calculate your landing weight and balance, yes you can just take your GPH X time to figure out how much weight to subtract. make sure to also calculate in your takeoff fuel usage from the Time, Distance, Climb chart, as well as the run-up fuel and such.

Joseph

8 GPH x 2.5 hours of flight time = 20 total gallons burned. Right? What is the conflict? 20 gallons x 6 lbs/gallon = 120 lbs. of fuel burned.

:panic: You did complete 3rd grade didn't you? Yeah, I know it has been awhile and now you are better at the math problems with all the letters involved.

Back