Camping at Columbia (O22)

OCArmory

The local gunrunner
My girlfriend and I had another great camping adventure this weekend. We flew up to Columbia, Ca for a camping trip with some of our friends from KSNA. We first flew Friday up to Lodi (1O3) to watch her cousin's high school football game. She is the P.A.T. kicker for the Tokay Tigers. Yes I said "she". She has been getting all kinds of press and even broke the school record.Landing at Columbia was awesome as it was my first time landing on a grass strip.
Lodi
Nothing like a freeway on final.
IMG_9221.jpg

Looked good but the close early so we didn't get to try the Cafe.
IMG_9237.jpg

My girlfriend's cousin.
IMG_9356.jpg

She did excellent during the game making every attempt. (This was practice as I was in the stands for the game.
IMG_9274.jpg

Made kind of a long final to see the crossing Rwy.
IMG_9417.jpg

Short final 29
IMG_9434.jpg

Touching down
photo18.jpg

We went into Murphy for some wine tasting and walking around.
IMG_9492.jpg

Many thanks to our friends from Orange County
IMG_9528.jpg

Jessica (my girlfriend) was the photographer most the weekend so a rare glimpse of her.
photo3.jpg

Morning fog on Sunday
IMG_9539.jpg

Flew to Calaveras (KCPU) for fuel as they were out at Columbia.
IMG_9566.jpg

Once we hit the Grape Vine there were quite a few clouds.
IMG_9614.jpg

Overall it was a great trip with some really fun people. The campground was awesome. Hot showers and real bathrooms made it very nice. The town was great. Unfortunately weather started moving in Sunday so we made an early exit. I truly had a great time. I would like to thank my girlfriend for going on these little adventures with me.
Mike

Flew a CJ3 into O22 a few years back. Still remember that approach. Gorgeous area.

Thanks for sharing the pics!

Back