CAK (Akron, OH)

Go to the resturant on the field. Its called "The 356th Fighter Group" Good food and the whole thing is modeled after an english farm house taken over by US fighter pilots during WW2. Lots of memorbillia around there too.

Go to the resturant on the field. Its called "The 356th Fighter Group" Good food and the whole thing is modeled after an english farm house taken over by US fighter pilots during WW2. Lots of memorbillia around there too.

Thanks for the idea.

Will depend on how far it is from the hotel...will certainly look into it though.

If it is a decent layover you could always find out who lives near Akron,Ohio here on JC. There are quite a few of us in the area.

Hmm, they take you airline guys out a ways. They should toss you guys out in the Hilton Garden Inn right next to the airport.
That hotel is too good for the airlines though...

Hmm, they take you airline guys out a ways. They should toss you guys out in the Hilton Garden Inn right next to the airport.
That hotel is too good for the airlines though...
But where would they eat....the place on Arlington is walking distance to the Waffle House....

Sad is seeing pilots (in uniform) in the Speedway getting dinner...

I always stay at the Firestone CC when I come up there. I'll post somthing up next time I head up that way! I'd love to venture off the green sometime.

I won't say where we stay, but it hasn't been mentioned yet.

Actually looks like a nice hotel, appears to be one of the older establisments in the Akron area.

I just had a layover in CAK. There is a cool place across from the hotel called The Pub. Decent beer prices. I think we work for the same peeps. The hotel was decent. No free breakfast though.

I just had a layover in CAK. There is a cool place across from the hotel called The Pub. Decent beer prices. I think we work for the same peeps. The hotel was decent. No free breakfast though.

Holiday Inn? The Pub isn't bad, I like the Paninis side better though.

What hotel did you stay at? I will be taking full advantage of the free breakfast in the morning. :)

What hotel did you stay at? I will be taking full advantage of the free breakfast in the morning. :)

I know it's from 2007...but...

DO not, and I repeat DO NOT include your airlines specific layover hotel information for security reasons.

Instead of saying "If you're on an AstroJet layover staying at the Bristol Hotel in Two Fist, Alabama there's cheap red koolaid at...", it might be a little better to say something like "If you're at the AstroJet long layover hotel in Two Fist, yadda yadda yadda"

Ehh, none of that makes any sense. Blame it on the sleep deprivation, but I think you can figure it out in the meantime.

Enjoy!

:)

Back