Bye Bye Steel Mill!!!

Grabo172

Gave notice at my job today...:nana2:

3 weeks until I head to NH to start my new career as a DWC CFI!

Man it feels good! :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! And good luck! Hope not too many students try to kill you. ;)

Congrats on the CFI gig!

Maybe one of those guys that is always complaining about their RJ job can take your mill job!! It would probably give someone a new perspective of what the term "hard work" really means.

they have steel mills in charleston?

One of the Biggest... Nucor Steel Berkeley...

No kidding about the hard work. I worked electrical/mechanical maintenance on the cranes and mobile equipment... You think it's hot on the ground at a steel mill, try at the top of the building on a crane... Fixing a crane today, I bet it was at least 130F up there... I'll not miss that at all! The only thing I'll miss is the paycheck... you get paid very well to take that kind of environmental abuse.

I'm gladly giving that up though to soar around the sky. I'm going to have to adjust to waking up in the morning and WANTING to go to work!:D

Awesome, good luck man. Keep you hand near the yoke/stick and your feet near the pedals. Especially during takeoff and short final. One other suggestion would be to do a good ground briefing before each flight to cover what you'll do in the air so the student is confident once he/she gets in the airplane.

Back