Buffalo Area Plane Rental

talbotpj

FB Connect Pending Approval
Hi all,

Anyone know of a cheap (relatively) airplane for rental in the Buffalo, NY area? Ideally, it would be a 152 or 172.

Thanks,

Patrick Talbot
PPL

pullup lives in Buffalo and rents for cheap.

Okay, I know that's not what you're looking for (who is?), but at least I bumped your thread. ;)

Akron Airport. About 15 east of Buffalo. Great crowd there. 716-542-4607 for info. Let me know if I can be of any other assistance.

Greg

pullup lives in Buffalo and rents for cheap.

Okay, I know that's not what you're looking for (who is?), but at least I bumped your thread. ;)

I am VERY cheap, Ian J...your wife has block rates on me. ba-BAM!

I would check out Akron Airport or BRP Aviation in Niagara Falls. Stay away from Prior Aviation as they are hella-expensive.

Don't go to BRP. Pullup, do you rent at Akron?

If you were to go to Lancaster check out Clear Air, too.

I believe you're right they are pretty pricey.

If you ever need any help getting squared away at either Akron or Clear Air let me know. I'd be happy to help.

Greg

I believe you're right they are pretty pricey.

If you ever need any help getting squared away at either Akron or Clear Air let me know. I'd be happy to help.

Greg

Thanks for all the responses guys.

I actually got my PPL at Bob Miller. Great, modern airplanes but as a result quite expensive. Clear Air is the same deal as far as I know.

Ideally, I'd like an older (and thus cheaper) airplane to build hours in. I'm just a poor college student.

I've called BRP in the past but have never even been able to get in touch with anyone. Greg, I would definitely be interested in the Akron option.

Pat

I just spoke with Clear Air aviation. They have a G1000 172 for $155/hr. Hopefully doing a checkout in it this weekend. A little bit expensive, but there is really not much around here.

Its not Buffalo, But the Rochester Air Center is pretty reasonable. C150 is $88 wet, a C172 run $121 wet

Check out Western NY Flying Club if you want something more long term, I have heard good things about them.

Back