Breonna Taylor

SteveC

Really?
Staff member
I'm not saying @Nark is one but what a lot of people who make the point he made are implying (but hesitate to say out loud) is that the issue isn't caused by the circumstances they have (generationally) faced but rather that the color of their skin makes them that way.

Disgusting stuff.
Yeah, eff that noise.

Maximilian_Jenius

Super User
Literally all of the scientific research shows that claim to be nothing but extreme left-wing fantasy. IQ measures general intelligence, which is the number one predictor of success in just about all things in life, from financial success to marriage success. I know the extreme left likes to pretend that there are no genetic differences between people, but reality is far different. And solutions can’t be found if you won’t even acknowledge reality.
I'm not sure, but I believe that IQ measures how fast you learn. Meaning retain information. One of my nephews he's not dumb, but he has a severe learning disability and doesn't know how to read, like at all and he's like thirty-two.

But you wouldn't know it at all, because he perceives his inability to read as a weakness. So to project strength and to fill that hole of insecurity. He did what blind people do. Another ability came to the forefront stronger than the deficient skill. Basically, he's is a very good bullsh-ter. As a matter of a survival technique or compensation, or both. He learned how to read people i.e. manipulate people/situations as a cover for his illiteracy. He's very charismatic and people enjoy being around him. You'd would think that he's a friggin' genius. But, he can only fake the front for so long and when he's caught or fears he's close to being caught both in jobs and interpersonal situations, he cuts bait quick and runs. With his talent for survival might be able to fool an IQ test to at least appear smarter than what he really is.

Maximilian_Jenius

Super User
No, IQ is a measure of G, or general intelligence. The ability to retain information is only a small part of that.
Again, I'm not at all knowledgeable on the topic. But my mom a Special Education teacher did IQ test in school for measuring intellegence and also for placement. As did my step-father during his very brief stint as a school psychologist. I always remember her explaining it to me as, it being how quickly you learn and retain knowledge. But, I can ask her for clarification.

SlumTodd_Millionaire

Evil Landlord Capitalist
Again, I'm not at all knowledgeable on the topic. But my mom a Special Education teacher did IQ test in school for measuring intellegence and also for placement. As did my step-father during his very brief stint as a school psychologist. I always remember her explaining it to me as, it being how quickly you learn and retain knowledge. But, I can ask her for clarification.
Why would you ask someone instead of doing the research? The scholarly research on this topic is voluminous. The hard left hates all of it, but it’s all consistent as hell.

Maximilian_Jenius

Super User
Why would you ask someone instead of doing the research? The scholarly research on this topic is voluminous. The hard left hates all of it, but it’s all consistent as hell.
Because I don't really care about the topic. Especially when I can just call up two people with Ph.d's that are very knowledgeable about the topic. And honestly, it gives us something to talk about during our normal Sunday evening calls. Besides the election, mom's been retired for 10 yrs now and in the past 4 yrs. has discovered cable news...

texas_pilot

I’m pretty unhappy about the events surrounding Ms. Taylor’s death, as I outlined in a previous thread. I think the Metro Council banning no-knock warrants was a long-overdue move. But, as I mentioned in aforementioned thread, indicting these cops under current KY law was always going to be a long shot. They were there on a legal warrant (whether we like it or not, and put me firmly in the don’t like it camp), and they got shot at (I very likely would have shot at them, too...breaking down my door at midnight and...you’re the cops? Riiiiiight). What are you going to charge them with and expect a Grand Jury to indict? Looks like the answer is wanton endangerment (although I’m sure the prosecutor offered everything from Genocide to jay-walking).

I get being upset about her killing, I’m upset about it too. I do not get the surprise and indignation at the supposed “failure” to indict. A Grand Jury is not selected by the Prosecutor, it‘s a bunch Joe/Jane citizens like you and me. Their job was to look at the evidence and determine whether or not the evidence is sufficient to bring charges. They found enough evidence to return one indictment because the Law (in my estimation wrongly) didn’t prohibit unannounced, armed night time raids on the homes of suspected friends of suspected drug dealers.

On the bright side, it does now, at least in Louisville/Jefferson County. And that’s a win. To those who say “that’s not enough”, I fully agree. So let’s all get busy making the changes we would like to see the way that they were meant to be made. Vote.
My motion detector light is directed at the interior of my RV door, which I can see from my bunk in large mirrors.
ANYBODY in that light and their buds will dislike the outcome by being in that light.

texas_pilot

I'm not sure, but I believe that IQ measures how fast you learn. Meaning retain information. One of my nephews he's not dumb, but he has a severe learning disability and doesn't know how to read, like at all and he's like thirty-two.

But you wouldn't know it at all, because he perceives his inability to read as a weakness. So to project strength and to fill that hole of insecurity. He did what blind people do. Another ability came to the forefront stronger than the deficient skill. Basically, he's is a very good bullsh-ter. As a matter of a survival technique or compensation, or both. He learned how to read people i.e. manipulate people/situations as a cover for his illiteracy. He's very charismatic and people enjoy being around him. You'd would think that he's a friggin' genius. But, he can only fake the front for so long and when he's caught or fears he's close to being caught both in jobs and interpersonal situations, he cuts bait quick and runs. With his talent for survival might be able to fool an IQ test to at least appear smarter than what he really is.
Its good he has cope'd, Id love to learn from him- but the IQ tests are based on in our case command of the English language
Dang it, whats that word?

Maximilian_Jenius

Super User
Its good he has cope'd, Id love to learn from him- but the IQ tests are based on in our case command of the English language
Dang it, whats that word?
That's maladaptive coping though. Learning to lie, read and manipulate others, bullsh-t and use charisma to your advantage as a shield to protect your insecurities. It's all hubris, he's too proud to admit that he has a problem and put in the work to fix it, because yeah with his disability it might be hard. He doesn't want to do the work, he just wants it easy and given to him. There's shame there too, being unable to read and unwilling to ask for help. I love my nephew, but he's an alcoholic and a low-level sociopath.

texas_pilot

That's maladaptive coping though. Learning to lie, read and manipulate others, bullsh-t and use charisma to your advantage as a shield to protect your insecurities. It's all hubris, he's too proud to admit that he has a problem and put in the work to fix it, because yeah with his disability it might be hard. He doesn't want to do the work, he just wants it easy and given to him. There's shame there too, being unable to read and unwilling to ask for help. I love my nephew, but he's an alcoholic and a low-level sociopath.
I need better words to talk with you.