Breonna Taylor

knot4u

Repeat Offender
Why would he call 911 if he knew they were cops? This is one reason the police identifying themselves does not add up.
You refuse the evidence given to you because you're not willing to accept the reality of that tragic incident. Okay.

Nark

Macho Superpilot
You don’t need to Google. Here it is.

The “thin blue line” concept is that the police form a thin blue line protecting the “innocents” from the ”mongrel hoards’ so to speak.

And inherently bigoted. Here’s why:

So you, by virtue of your background, you’re assumed to be on the “innocents” side of the thin blue line. A person like me is assumed to be on the other side of the thin blue line until I prove that I’m not and all interactions with law enforcement are predicated on that.

If you argue with a cop, you’re being belligerent and require worthy of de-escalation. Me? I’m getting shot because the presumption is that I’m on the mongrel hoard side If I’m unable to prove which side of that line I belong to.

Google isn’t going to explain that to you.

If you can’t understand that, you’re unreachable and we’re done.
You aren’t the only one on this forum, let alone in this thread who has been held a gun point by a LEO.
Some of us are smart enough to detach emotions, most aren’t.

KLB

You aren’t the only one on this forum, let alone in this thread who has been held a gun point by a LEO.
Some of us are smart enough to detach emotions, most aren’t.
It's just as much statistics than it is emotion. And speaking for myself, the emotions comes from knowing that people like you will deliberately ignore the statistics. Things won't change until people like you stop ignoring the statistics.

Screenshot_20201003-091038_Samsung Internet.jpg

Everything is not ok.

Nark

Macho Superpilot
It's just as much statistics than it is emotion. And speaking for myself, the emotions comes from knowing that people like you will deliberately ignore the statistics. Things won't change until people like you stop ignoring the statistics.

View attachment 55749

Everything is not ok.
Look at that and ask yourself “why?”
Why does that graph look the way it does.

SFLAX

View attachment 55749

Everything is not ok.
So, if you drive more or fly more your risk of dying in one of those goes up. How you lower that is not being involved with it. So, if you don’t commit crimes which the Africans Americans do a much much higher rate you increase your chances of being shot by the police, but your personal actions in said situation also factors into the outcome. Based on just posting this, your suggestion that all these people have equal contact and equal decisions while interacting with the police.

gliderboy

As a result of Japan's cowardly sneak attack on Pearl Harbor, Japanese and Japanese-Americans in the U.S. were rounded up and placed in concentration camps for the duration of the war. In the process most lost everything they owned: property, businesses, money, hope... After the war, they continued to suffer intense racial discrimination.
Today, Japanese Americans, and other Asians, are the top earners in American society, outranking whites and all others.

How did they accomplish what so many others cannot?

mwflyer

As a result of Japan's cowardly sneak attack on Pearl Harbor, Japanese and Japanese-Americans in the U.S. were rounded up and placed in concentration camps for the duration of the war. In the process most lost everything they owned: property, businesses, money, hope... After the war, they continued to suffer intense racial discrimination.
Today, Japanese Americans, and other Asians, are the top earners in American society, outranking whites and all others.

How did they accomplish what so many others cannot?
Well, for one thing, no institutionalized racism. There was no Jim Crow for Asians, no housing red lining against Asians. No banking policies against making loans to Asians. No separate but equal schools for Asians, no refusing admissions to top colleges. I could go on, but you get the idea.

Cherokee_Cruiser

A lot of it has to do with the fact that for most Asian immigrants, it's their best coming here. Not the give us your tired, weak. Why do yo think we were able to immigrate to America? Only because of the doctor brain drain of 2nd and 3rd world countries as doctors flocked to the USA in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. That is the only reason we were able to make it to America. And once here, Asians tend to excel and beat their local competition. In high school I was in the top 10 total of my class and graduated with a 4.0 rounded (3.962 actual). Once at Univ of Michigan though, I got my ass kicked by international students. Holy crap those kids were gifted. Some of them helped me and even carried me through at least one class. They literally represent the best their country offers. Unlike here, gifting points for being a certain background or skin color to have "balanced" college admission numbers via Affirmative Action.

Btw, I'm sure you know, but Asian Americans sued Harvard because the whole situation has gotten out of control and it was never about "minorities" it was only specifically about raising numbers of black and latino admissions. They lost, but their point still stands. Affirmative Action needs to be shot down along with looking at ANY race data. In fact, make it simple: names shouldn't even be visible. All the admittance panel should see is male/female, and then the grades, extra curricular activites, honors, etc.

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
Well, for one thing, no institutionalized racism.
Excuse me? I think the Japanese would consider being rounded up by government authorities as full American citizens, on the sole basis of their race and nothing else, and being placed in internment camps with no charges and no convictions of any crime whatsoever; as probably the largest and most valid example of institutional racism, that there ever has been in this country.

mwflyer

Excuse me? I think the Japanese would consider being rounded up by government authorities as full American citizens, on the sole basis of their race and nothing else, and being placed in internment camps with no charges and no convictions of any crime whatsoever; as probably the largest and most valid example of institutional racism, that there ever has been in this country.
Excuse me? I would consider slavery, and the following 100 years of Jim Crow until the passage of the civil rights act the most valid example of institutional racism there has ever been in this country. But you are entitled to your opinion.

And nice job ignoring the whole rest of my post, I guess I should have been clear. All the things I spoke of that did not occur for Asians were after their release at the end of world war 2. But even the roundup and internment doesn’t compare to slavery.

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
Excuse me? I would consider slavery, and the following 100 years of Jim Crow until the passage of the civil rights act the most valid example of institutional racism there has ever been in this country. But you are entitled to your opinion.

And nice job ignoring the whole rest of my post, I guess I should have been clear. All the things I spoke of that did not occur for Asians were after their release at the end of world war 2. But even the roundup and internment doesn’t compare to slavery.
Your post came off as diminishing what happened to Japanese as not an example of any institutional racism, when it is a huge example of it. Doesn’t take away from what blacks endured, but it shouldn’t be dismissed out of hand either. If that’s not what you were doing, then fair enough; but that’s how it originally came across.

didn’t ignore the rest of your post, I just didn’t address it because there was nothing to address, it’s all valid.

mwflyer

Your post came off as diminishing what happened to Japanese as not an example of any institutional racism, when it is a huge example of it. Doesn’t take away from what blacks endured, but it shouldn’t be dismissed out of hand either. If that’s not what you were doing, then fair enough; but that’s how it originally came across.

didn’t ignore the rest of your post, I just didn’t address it because there was nothing to address, it’s all valid.
fair enough. The OP was speaking of their progress since they were released. That’s all I was addressing.

Minuteman

“Dongola”
I keep thinking about what would need to have been different for a different outcome of the police execution.

Maybe it's heresy around these parts, but as a thought exercise, try to imagine how differently the execution of the LMPD search warrant would have gone if NOBODY involved had guns. Obvs. Breonna would not have been shot, and the cop would not have been shot. Would the police still have attempted entry at the time and in the same manner as they did? Maybe. Other countries seem to make it work.

I like guns, but I worry that we are hobbled from having a mature and functional ownership by people at the extremes.

Or the cops without guns would go all Spetznaz-at-the-theatre and pipe-in a bunch of fentanyl before going in. But at least they would all still get home safe at the end of the day, after acting on bad information.