Breonna Taylor

ChasenSFO

hen teaser
"bUT......."

Seriously, the first post I saw about the verdict was on a an NBA page I follow with Lebron James' post about how black women are the most disrespected members of society, and the most liked comment on that post? "If Lebron thinks black women here have a hard time, maybe he should look at women in Saudia Arabia.", followed by dozens of comments full of justifications as to why it is OK that the cops don't get in any trouble. "hE sOLd mArIJuAnA", ect.

And that is an NBA page, full of NBA fans. A predominately black sport. WTF.

"Did you hear Bob was yapping and skipped the checklist and tried a no-flaps takeoff and ended up inverted in the grass with 4 passengers killed?"

"Yeah well, 1 of those passengers had 2 DUIs, 1 of them was a sex offender for peeing in public, and the other 2 were illegal immigrants, so it doesn't really matter. They weren't innocent people, they shouldn't fire Bob, he has a family and flying is a tough job".

Apparently, that train of thought makes sense in many people's views of law enforcement...

Cherokee_Cruiser

The grand jury did their job, and they did it well. Looking at the facts of the case and the evidence presented, the right decision was made.

knot4u

Repeat Offender
The AG in Louisville gave his account regarding the charges, it doesn't seem to match popular opinion. Lets burn everything down because that will teach THEM a lesson. (I'm the 49 year old white home owner that I refer to as THEM)

knot4u

Repeat Offender
The grand jury did their job, and they did it well. Looking at the facts of the case and the evidence presented, the right decision was made.
It seems emotion is more important than logic or law these days. I have no solution. Is my life forfeit in some peoples eyes? Maybe. I'll respond accordingly.

CFIscare

I'm asking this as a serious question, but in what way would you feel justice would be served to Breonna Taylor? Convictions to individuals, major overhaul of policing policies or laws, or something else?

Honestly, in my opinion (which I'm an expert in nothing), based on current laws there was just not enough evidence to ever convict the officers in anything worse than what they were convicted of. My biggest hope is that laws and policies can be changed to better policing. To me that would be the best way justice can be served.

knot4u

Repeat Offender
I'm asking this as a serious question, but in what way would you feel justice would be served to Breonna Taylor? Convictions to individuals, major overhaul of policing policies or laws, or something else?

Honestly, in my opinion (which I'm an expert in nothing), based on current laws there was just not enough evidence to ever convict the officers in anything worse than what they were convicted of. My biggest hope is that laws and policies can be changed to better policing. To me that would be the best way justice can be served.
Toss policing to the wind, they're a bunch of racists and we'll be better off as a society or civilization with no laws.

GoDawgsGo

Just for the record, no one has been convicted. These are grand jury indictments.

JordanD

Honorary Member
"bUT......."

Seriously, the first post I saw about the verdict was on a an NBA page I follow with Lebron James' post about how black women are the most disrespected members of society, and the most liked comment on that post? "If Lebron thinks black women here have a hard time, maybe he should look at women in Saudia Arabia.", followed by dozens of comments full of justifications as to why it is OK that the cops don't get in any trouble. "hE sOLd mArIJuAnA", ect.

And that is an NBA page, full of NBA fans. A predominately black sport. WTF.

"Did you hear Bob was yapping and skipped the checklist and tried a no-flaps takeoff and ended up inverted in the grass with 4 passengers killed?"

"Yeah well, 1 of those passengers had 2 DUIs, 1 of them was a sex offender for peeing in public, and the other 2 were illegal immigrants, so it doesn't really matter. They weren't innocent people, they shouldn't fire Bob, he has a family and flying is a tough job".

Apparently, that train of thought makes sense in many people's views of law enforcement...
"And if you dare suggest that we try to learn from our mistakes and prevent them from happening again we'll refuse to show up to the airport on time."
Or "Bob had a habit of skipping checklists and unsafe behavior, Jim went to pro standards about Bob and word got out so we made Jim's work life so miserable he quit being a pilot."

"Abolish the police" doesn't work. But when one of the officers sends out a mass email to the department at 2am that invokes imagery referring to the police being at war (for a civil service job) it's obvious to me that something is very broken and fundamentally needs to change.

knot4u

Repeat Offender
"And if you dare suggest that we try to learn from our mistakes and prevent them from happening again we'll refuse to show up to the airport on time."
Or "Bob had a habit of skipping checklists and unsafe behavior, Jim went to pro standards about Bob and word got out so we made Jim's work life so miserable he quit being a pilot."

"Abolish the police" doesn't work. But when one of the officers sends out a mass email to the department at 2am that invokes imagery referring to the police being at war (for a civil service job) it's obvious to me that something is very broken and fundamentally needs to change.
Bob sounds like crappy crew member.

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun

I too thought I could get people to see sense with this analogy at one point.

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
Your thoughts sir?
I think that Doug posted something out of frustration that the same the thing that often happens with cases like this happened again. And I think he posted something out of fear that the same thing could have happened to him at various points in his life. And I think he posted outside of the lav because too often the lav becomes a place where people who have no vested interest in something because they can't see it effecting them, can talk about a reality (or perceived reality) that they know nothing about, just to hear the sound of their own voice. And this issue, for @Derg and many others, is too important for that. He wasn't asking for your support, although I'm sure he'd welcome it. He was asking for your acceptance that this issue is real and visceral for him and many others.

And instead he got the normal dunce squad tap dancing around the actual issue either in an intentional effort to discredit Derg's own feelings about this, or in an attemp to further their own agenda.