Bose Quietcomfort?

iFly86

Hey,

Just got my first airline gig and trying to figure out what headsets I want to get. Several guys in class mentioned a lot of people are going the Quietcomfort route with the aviation adapter. They said some are TSO'd but I'm not seeing that information anywhere. Anyone doing this? If so what did you get?

Thanks!

The Uflymike only works on the older QC-15, which Bose no longer produces, having been replaced by the QC-25. Supposedly Uflymike guy is working on a new version that will adapt to the newer headphones.

Hey,

Just got my first airline gig and trying to figure out what headsets I want to get. Several guys in class mentioned a lot of people are going the Quietcomfort route with the aviation adapter. They said some are TSO'd but I'm not seeing that information anywhere. Anyone doing this? If so what did you get?

Thanks!
If your operation requires a TSO'd headset (you should probably reference your FOM), the QC-15/Uflymic does not conform unless it is specially equipped.

Incidentally, there's something funny about the microphone gain (?) on that setup that really seems to annoy me after a day of flying with someone who has one on this airplane (E170). I'm not sure what it is.

I have a David Clark Pro-X, and holy crap, they finally made a comfortable headset at David Clark.

What equipment will you be flying?

I love the QC-15 with the Uflymike. You do have to send the headset off to Uflymike to have them do the TSO cert. Although they are not produced anymore, I just saw some on Amazon, new, for $243.

Wait till the end of the year and by the QC25 and Harmony set up. It should be done by then and looks awesome!

Derek

Back