Bose A20 vs Clarity Aloft

K902

The New Guy
Looking for feedback from anyone that has used these two headsets. I have an A20 and have thinking about trying a Clarity. Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love my clarity aloft. That said, it's on it's way to the factory this morning for the second speaker repair in 2 years...

I just tried a pair of Bose A20's and find them to be outstanding. I've been a Lightspeed customer (currently Zulu 2) for a long time and the Bose are better in many regards. The Bose don't seem as heavy or clunky as the Zulus. The sound quality and the ANR on the Bose are much improved over the Zulu, possibly really being worth the price premium over anything else. The only downside I found to the Bose is the placement of the ANR ports on the side are very sensitive to airflow and this can disturb the ANR. This meant adjusting the air vents on the Dash carefully, but not a dealbreaker.

The reason I tried the Bose was because my Zulus were in for repair after only a year and about 600 hours, while my original Zulus had nearly 2000 hours before needing repair. I've sent the Bose back, but only because I want to give my Zulus another shot. But I'm pretty sure I'll be trading them in on a pair of Bose. You can't trade in through Bose though, but you can through other websites.

As for Clarity Aloft, I don't like in ear, but quite a few of my fellow Dash drivers swear by them. But they don't seem very durable to me, as many have had to send them back for repair once a year. if not more. And having to deal with the ear plugs. Plus, I find the price for the Clarity Aloft a bit steep for what they are.

As a Bose A20 user, I tried CA really hoping I would like them. I was dissapointed. Gave them to my passenger who wore them a few trips and went back to his A20.

Did not like plugs in my ears on long flights, after a while my ears would ache, I kept wanting to take them out and scratch my ears, they would get dirty easily no matter how clean my ears were. It would take a like a minute to put on (vs just throwing on them on your head in 3 seconds when your doing a lot of quickturns), I didnt like the mic as it was to short and had trouble picking up my voice, sounds quality was not the best when listening to XM radio (can barely hear the bass compared to the A20). Wires were always tangled it seemed like. Not as quiet as the A20, and the wires behind the ears were uncomfortable.

My passenger could not get the volume out of it that he wanted out of it without blasting everyone else out of the cabin.

Just my experiance. Campare to the Bose A20 side by side in a loud airplane on long flights, and its a pretty easy decision (And I was really wanting to like it!)

Back