BONNEVILLE COUNTY, Idaho Plane Crash - 1 Fatality

Bandit_Driver

Gold Member
http://www.localnews8.com/news/plane-crash-near-palisades-girl-rescued-pilot-dead/35868296

The plane is a two seat Aviat Husky aircraft. The Bonneville County Sheriff office said the plane was flying in tandem with another small plane. Both planes took-off yesterday afternoon from Alpine, Wyoming. The pilot of the second plane says he saw a puff of dust blow into the air after the crash. As he came around again he could see the pilot of the crashed plane was not moving but his female passenger was.

A 14-year-old girl survived the crash. She was flown to Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center for treatment of unknown injuries. She is currently listed in good condition. A Life Flight helicopter was able to land near the crash site.

Attempts to reach the wreckage Thursday night were called off due to darkness.

ABC News spoke with Brian Rowser, a spokesman for the family, who says the pilot was Travis Hamilton from Oklahoma.

Rowser says the other crash victim was Hamilton's daughter. She is recovering well but doesn't not wish to speak with the media. She will be heading home to Oklahoma soon with her mother.

National Transportation Safety Board and Federal Aviation Administration will arrive Friday afternoon to investigate the crash but will face the same struggle the sheriff's office had in getting to the crash.

Yeah it's a sad story. I use to work with Travis and he was a talented pilot and businessman. I am glad his daughter survived.

I still don't get it. Was this a cfit? Even if he lost the engine a bush plane like that could have landed with a lot less bent metal.

So sad, for the family and daughter. That would be extremely difficult to cope with

I still don't get it. Was this a cfit? Even if he lost the engine a bush plane like that could have landed with a lot less bent metal.

Any host of variables could affect the amount of metal bent, even with a forced landing under control. Need to know alot more detail here. Am curious also.

One of news reports said he clipped a wing before the crash. Probably going to have to wait until more info is released.

Back