Boeing or Airbus: A321 or 737-900ER?

Apophis

Resident Iconoclast
Orlando is just like Vegas. A town with zero reason for being forced into existence in a completely inhospitable environment.

Good practice for Mars, I guess.
I feel like the existence of both of those cities (throw PHX in there as well) are a testament to man’s arrogance.

Derg

New Arizona, Il Duce/Warlord
Staff member
Orlando is just like Vegas. A town with zero reason for being forced into existence in a completely inhospitable environment.

Good practice for Mars, I guess.
Hot.

No wind.

All your fourth-cousins want to “visit” you: “Hey! It’s cousin Ted!” (parenthetical thought bubble says “I don’t remember my mom or dad having a nephew named Ted, but lets see where this goes“)

“We’re gonna be down in Orlando for a week, do you want to have lunch?”

”Sure” (???)

”Do you have any of those real good airline employee hotel discounts?”

followed by

”You wouldn’t mind putting us (and our four kids and their two friends from down the block) up for the week, would you? Maybe pick us up and drop us off at Disney?”

”I live about an hour, in traffic, north of Disney so it’s not possible”

”CAMAAAAAAAN, man! For your cousin Ted?”

Richman

That's "Lord Garth" to you
Hot.

No wind.

All your fourth-cousins want to “visit” you: “Hey! It’s cousin Ted!” (parenthetical thought bubble says “I don’t remember my mom or dad having a nephew named Ted, but lets see where this goes“)

“We’re gonna be down in Orlando for a week, do you want to have lunch?”

”Sure” (???)

”Do you have any of those real good airline employee hotel discounts?”

followed by

”You wouldn’t mind putting us (and our four kids and their two friends from down the block) up for the week, would you? Maybe pick us up and drop us off at Disney?”

”I live about an hour, in traffic, north of Disney so it’s not possible”

”CAMAAAAAAAN, man! For your cousin Ted?”
That one time my neighbor talking smack about MSY, I had to remind him that we’re a brownout away from a mass casualty event
Ironically, I'd get those same kind of calls when I lived in NOLA. Nothing like drunk relatives showing up at 4:30am when you have a 8am class.

Made that mistake one time. After that it was "sorry man, got roomates. Inn's full"

NOLA is....well, NOLA. No place else like it...which is a relief, cause we only need one.

SteveC

Really?
Staff member
Ironically, I'd get those same kind of calls when I lived in NOLA. Nothing like drunk relatives showing up at 4:30am when you have a 8am class.

Made that mistake one time. After that it was "sorry man, got roomates. Inn's full"

NOLA is....well, NOLA. No place else like it...which is a relief, cause we only need one.
Key West?

knot4u

Repeat Offender
Key West?
Visiting Key West via the Overseas Highway is a bucket list item for me, would have to have friends with me willing to stop along the way to sample the offerings on the way down. Spring, summer, fall, winter? I have no idea.

Chief Captain

FTFY

Not for the A321neo, that thing will haul more, further, and quieter!

I'm proud that we were the NA launch custormer
You probably have more time in it than I do, but I haven't really noticed a big performance difference. Sounds sweet though.

Skåning

That one time my neighbor talking smack about MSY, I had to remind him that we’re a brownout away from a mass casualty event
Our AC crapped out yesterday and it took 24 hours to get a guy out to fix it. I guess that’s a bright side of living in expensive SoCal, no instant death!

Skåning

You probably have more time in it than I do, but I haven't really noticed a big performance difference. Sounds sweet though.
Jumping off of runway 1 at DCA with 180 peeps and doing a transcon to LAX, and land with like 2 hours of gas is pretty remarkable. Maybe only 757 territory? The next iteration (XLR) will be a great plane for crossing the pond. Up front it’s remarkably quieter and it seems to ride turbulence better than the 319/320. This is all anecdotal so YMMV

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
Up front it’s remarkably quieter and it seems to ride turbulence better than the 319/320. This is all anecdotal so YMMV
Upfront the 321 generally feels better in the bumps than a 320 or 319, but it's still a pretty firm ride. Anywhere aft of the wing the 321 is a miserable ride, even in light chop, which means pretty much any time Delta flies one.

woodreau

Visiting Key West via the Overseas Highway is a bucket list item for me, would have to have friends with me willing to stop along the way to sample the offerings on the way down. Spring, summer, fall, winter? I have no idea.
It's all tropical - anytime is good - well except during a hurricane.

lots of places to stop and things to see before you get to KW.
to save you from frustration - have one of your friends drive - it's only 160 miles to Miami, or don't have a timeline on when you want to get there.....

Most relaxing way to KW tho - is to go by boat. Did that once, much more relaxing than driving. given a choice - would rather take a boat to KW than take a car. don't have to deal with all of the other cars.

Eskhobbs

It's all tropical - anytime is good - well except during a hurricane.

lots of places to stop and things to see before you get to KW.
to save you from frustration - have one of your friends drive - it's only 160 miles to Miami, or don't have a timeline on when you want to get there.....

Most relaxing way to KW tho - is to go by boat. Did that once, much more relaxing than driving. given a choice - would rather take a boat to KW than take a car. don't have to deal with all of the other cars.
It's especially awesome when you get stuck behind a coach bus as soon as you get past Miami....