Boeing 737 With 56 Aboard Missing After Takeoff From Jakarta

Richman

JC’s Resident Curmudgeon
60% or so of america believes in one of the jfk conspiracy theories.
I think it started off with the whole faked moon landing thing. People gave those fruits their 15 minutes and all of a sudden it was ok to actually believe people walking in circles talking to themselves.

Oh wait, everyone with a cellphone does that these days, so maybe bad analogy. Or a good one.

fholbert

Mod's - Please don't edit my posts!
Not a new problem either. You can still find people to this day that will insist we shot down Flight 800 and that no plane ever hit the pentagon.
My favorite, we never landed on the moon. It was done on a Hollywood sound stage. Scary how many people believe this crap.

Saturday a FBO owner at my airport said no windows were broken in the assault on Congress. I asked him if he saw the news? “That was fake, those windows are bulletproof and can’t be broken.” He’s on the nut train to crazy town and missed the last stop.

PGT

If there was an in-flight break up, would the flight tracking websites show the descent? I'm assuming as long as the transponder is powered on the way down? Not sure where all of these are in relation to each other in an A320.

mightynimbus

If there was an in-flight break up, would the flight tracking websites show the descent? I'm assuming as long as the transponder is powered on the way down? Not sure where all of these are in relation to each other in an A320.
I was kinda wondering about interpreting speed/altitude graph for this flight as well.
I have no familiarity with comparing graph to a later understood failure scenario.

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
That's the way I understand it, but IDK about a 737-500. Even back then it should be self powered in event it were separated from the hot batt bus.

Boris Badenov

Just running in to a burning house...
If the speeds recorded on FR24 are anything like correct, I'd think the A/C would have had to have been largely intact. Aluminum waterfalls don't flow that fast.