Boeing 737 Max return to skies... then I saw this

fholbert

Mod's - Please don't edit my posts!
Date:17-NOV-2020
Time:12:36 MST
Type:
Silhouette image of generic B739 model; specific model in this crash may look slightly different

Boeing 737-900
Owner/operator:Delta Air Lines
C/n / msn:64881/7266
Fatalities:Fatalities: 0 / Occupants: 80
Other fatalities:0
Aircraft damage:None
United States of America
Phase:En route
Nature:Passenger - Scheduled
Departure airport:ATL
Destination airport:SEA
Narrative:
Delta Air Lines flight 333 was operating a scheduled flight from ATL to SEA when the crew declared emergency after experiencing erroneous stall warnings while in cruise. The flight diverted to Denver (DEN) where the aircraft performed an uneventful landing

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
Type:
Silhouette image of generic B739 model; specific model in this crash may look slightly different

Boeing 737-900
United States of America
Narrative:
Delta Air Lines flight 333 was operating a scheduled flight from ATL to SEA when the crew declared emergency after experiencing erroneous stall warnings while in cruise. The flight diverted to Denver (DEN) where the aircraft performed an uneventful landing
I can't even... Trump hasnt even been kicked out of office yet and already Biden is so soft on the FAA that these 737 stall warnings are coming back. #MAGA

I blame the TV.

Space Monkey

Type:

Boeing 737-900
United States of America
Narrative:
Timing is everything...

That said, I bet the Delta pilots knew how to disconnect the trim. Delta pilots always get trim.

Last edited:

Minuteman

“Dongola”
I liked the part where operators were pushing Boeing to drop the "MAX" branding for something new (they should, it's • stupid).

Not even the big-three automakers were ever so chintzy as to try to make a refit "computer-controlled carburetor" (look, it can run on flex fuel E85!). This is effectively what the MAX is. Maybe that's an artifact of the regulatory environment, maybe that's capitalism, but the 737 is going to experience depressed appeal for the remainder of its (lol!) decades. It's a flying leisure suit.

Minuteman

“Dongola”
It's really more shame (really, fremdschämen) than hatred.

Until they replace the reputation of their MAX boondoggle and it instead becomes known as "the airplane where you can get a fresh-baked cookie" or some •, it's a big winking example of dysfunction in the industry (the aviation industry).

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
It's really more shame (really, fremdschämen) than hatred.

Until they replace the reputation of their MAX boondoggle and it instead becomes known as "the airplane where you can get a fresh-baked cookie" or some •, it's a big winking example of dysfunction in the industry (the aviation industry).
Someday if Boeing can show some tie to new airplanes or the best airplanes and money made by the airlines some reforms may happen. I know this goes against the culture here on JC but Boeing stopped making great airplanes because no one would pay for them, if they did they'd go into bankruptcy and renegotiate the price, and passengers don't care as long as it looks new on the inside. Boeing would have been happy to keep building 757's if anyone would have bought them, for instance. No one did. The MAX is fine, it's not great, it's not amazing, it's fine.

stroboli62

Here's a MAX that doesn't get much press:

1609270650213.png

Not many investors and labor problems that Boeing has and they don't have to move to escape tax rates..LOLOLOL

There's a MAX fer ya!!!