Boarding Pass replaced by Shock Collar?

Minuteman

“Dongola”
Want some torture with your peanuts?

A senior government official with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has expressed great interest in a so-called safety bracelet that would serve as a stun device, similar to that of a police Taser®. According to this promotional video found at the Lamperd Less Lethal website, the bracelet would be worn by all airline passengers.

This bracelet would:

• take the place of an airline boarding pass
  • contain personal information about the traveler
  • be able to monitor the whereabouts of each passenger and his/her luggage
  • shock the wearer on command, completely immobilizing him/her for several minutes

The Electronic ID Bracelet, as it’s referred to as, would be worn by every traveler “until they disembark the flight at their destination.” Yes, you read that correctly. Every airline passenger would be tracked by a government-funded GPS, containing personal, private and confidential information, and that it would shock the customer worse than an electronic dog collar if he/she got out of line?

Ok, ok, it was just a proposed invention by some nutjob looking to make a buck, and I know it quickened a couple of you FA's heartbeats a little ... but seriously, WTFO?!?

Um, thanks for the generalizations guys, but no, as a F/A I do not think a shock bracelet is a good idea. :rolleyes:

A senior government official with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)

If true the guy should be fired immediately for expressing this idea. I don't even know where to begin with this. And the government wonders why people distrust it?!?

It's funny, instead of fixing the issues causing passenger outbursts, they'd rather find ways to combat the result. Typical government.

Yeah, if we got to control the button, that would be fun. I'd probably be hitting the thing like Bart Simpson: pretty much all the time, even if it's just to see if it worked. :)

Anyone else find it funny you can't take liquids onboard, or pretty much anything that could be considered a weapon, yet here we are ready to put a freakin' taser on every passenger on the flight?

DHS must have a maximum IQ of 85 to work there...

OK there is nothing funny about this at all. The fact that this could be in the washington post, and not cause an outrage is sad. This is not the same country i grew up in.

This is the only state that knows whats up:

nh2002.jpg

(I grew up in NH, and agree 100% with it's state motto)

Tub
Stacking
Agency

That just about sums it up...

This is outrageous and I am quite offended that this "government official" would actually consider this. What kind of society would we be?? How far will they take it, will we have to be monitored by the government all the time??

What good does tracking someone via gps do when youre in a silver tube flying at almost the speed of sound at 35,000 ft?? "OMG!! HE JUST MOVED FROM 3A to 3B!!! OH NOW HES MOVING TO THE LAV!! SHOCK 'EM SHOCK 'EM!!"

Crazy.

It would be a good idea for all ex cons..... and all the wives out there that when they walk within 100ft of a mall...... BZZZZZZZZZ

I still think that a lot of pax's would be willing to travel Guantanamo style for 50 bucks off their ticket.

Ben Franklin said it best, "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

This is tantamount to Lo-Jacking human beings, which would be next if some govt bureaucrats had their way.:mad:

I still think that a lot of pax's would be willing to travel Guantanamo style for 50 bucks off their ticket.

It's amazing what people will do to save a buck. I could see some people being okay with it. Espically the "if it makes me safer on an airplane" crowd. :rolleyes:

All jokes aside and being serious for a moment, I find it hard to believe this could actually become a reality. The first time someone acted up and got zapped would probably start one hell of a lawsuit.

Also, who decides where the line is one when it would become ok to zap someone?

Back