Blizzard of 2003

flyitup

[ QUOTE ]
Right now Im stuck in my house. As of now 20 inches of snow. But we've got some asskicking snow drifts. My car, along with my neighbors car, is completely under snow. Ive got some great pictures that Ill scan when I get them developed.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's unbelievable.. I guess for all practical purposes you guys are paralyzed in every sense..

It will be interesting to see the pictures...

Windchill

Stuck in DE, picked the wrong weekend to come home from school which is 3 hours away.

I knew it was supposed to snow, I just figured I'd be travelling back in some snow, not stuck at home!

Making my first solo may get pushed back for yet another week.

Mother nature is definately on my bad side!

flyitup

[ QUOTE ]
Making my first solo may get pushed back for yet another week.

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries...

Just take the extra time to do some "armchair flying"!

daedaeg

Flychicaga i couldn't agree with you more...champaign/urbana has absolutely no clue how to plow snow. Even hours after the snow stop, it seem like they hardly plowed anything. In chicago (where i'm from originally) they have the salt trucks on stand-by a couple of hours before the snow even hits the ground. Okay i'm done venting

ready2fly

I'll be the 2nd a$$ -(a real stretch, I know
)Tampa, Florida - on Saturday - 80 degrees and clear skies.

P.S. What's a "blizzard"? Thought those were sold only at DQ.

sbe

I feel for you guys. We got the storm - a bunch of wicked thunderstorms Friday night. Changed over to a *tiny* bit of ice and snow overnight and into Saturday AM, and that was it. We needed the rain, but I'm glad it fell as exactly that...rain.

Mahesh

I live in the suburbs of Washington DC (5 miles north-west of Washington Dulles).
I shoveled for 2 hours yesterday so that I wouldn't have too much to do today. Well I look outside and there is double the amount. I ran out of space to throw the snow. They haven't even tried to plow the streets here yet. I'd need a Hummer to get out of this housing development.

Mahesh

EDUC8-or

Yesterday was 80 and sunny with rain in the evening. It's 72 right now and mostly cloudy. I don't miss the snow.

tonyw

That's cause all you students are supposed to WALK to class. In my day, we didn't get to ride the buses for free -- we had to walk in blizzards to get to class, and it was uphill both ways. Okay, I'm lying -- hills in Champaign?

Geez, kids these days. Do you guys still have computer labs or do you have an ethernet connection right in the dorm rooms?

Piperpilot0914

On the subject of walking to class, I don't believe Champaign/Urbana uses SALT either on the sidewalks. I literally could slide all the way from one of my classes to another on the sidewalks surrounding the Quad this morning. My friend said that maybe putting salt on the ground might be bad for the agriculture dept. because the salt could blow onto fields. I really dont care because I'd rather not fall and crack my head open two days after the snow has stopped.

tonyw

Think positive! You could use the "slippery sidewalk" excuse to bump into a total hottie.

IrishSheepdog

Sitting in the median
Actually, last night working (I work on a patrol outside) we had a snowball fight for like an hour, slid down different ramps covered in ice, made snow angels, and then chilled on a heating vent for like an hour. I can't believe I got paid for that!

It's starting to melt now, which just is making it so much fun.

Baronman

Ergggg...Shoveling white stuff all morning....I look outside and it looks like I hadn't even shoveled at all....
I just keep telling myself, this sh%& builds character!!

daedaeg

i remember when i was staying at Illinois Street Residence (ISR) halls back in the day and there were literally hundreds of people outside having fun throwing snowballs at one another and the resident adivsor came out and told us to knock it off...we all just looked at him and said in unison "shut the hell up" and preceded to throw snow balls at him. haaaa those were the days.

darrenf

resident denizen
[ QUOTE ]
Well I just got back from a walk on the beach with a girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Iain, How much did she charge you??

pavelump

Iain, I don't think that you can really call the girls that you stalk at the beach "friends".

Dave

mrivc211

I"m stuck in this darn 70ish degree weather. I can't seem to get rid of this all day sun thats always nice and warm but not to hot and not to cold.