Blizzard of 2003

vipermcg

Im in New York, and they just said on the news to expect possibly over 15 inches of snow tomorrow
. They said It could rival the Blizzard of '96.

Piperpilot0914

Not stuck anymore, but yesterday travelling to Purdue to see the basketball game the interstate got shut down on me. I ended up taking backroads, adding an extra two hours to my trip

PurduePilot

Yeah, I feel ya'. Apparently LAF residents haven't discovered the "snow plow."

Back in Massachusetts it's an unwritten rule that if you own a pick-up or any other utility SUV you have to attach a plow to it in the winter. If you have a plow, you have to lend a hand plowing the roads where the town/city has missed.

I hate this city. The road crews are inept to say the least.

Jason

Neil - don't complain about a little snow - it could be worse - in 97 they cancelled classes while I was there because the wind chill was -60

Besides who needs roads?? Harry's isn't that far of a walk

Jason

IrishSheepdog

Sitting in the median
I HATE THIS WEATHER. This city (Champaign) must have taken snow plowing lessons in the Dominican Republic. I can't drive anywhere. Worst of all, I have to work OUTSIDE from 9 PM to 2 AM tonight. I think I'm going to puke.

pavelump

OK, I'll be the first @sshole. I'm stuck in Florida. It's almost like winter never happened... (moved here in Nov. from Chicago)

Dave

PurduePilot

[ QUOTE ]
Neil - don't complain about a little snow - it could be worse - in 97 they cancelled classes while I was there because the wind chill was -60

Besides who needs roads?? Harry's isn't that far of a walk

Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

Good god! -60? I thought -8 was bad! I shant complain anymore!

Even though Harry's isn't too far, I have a contingency plan: stock up on Bud!

pavelump

Hold on now. Yesterday's -60° might just be today's -8°. They recently changed how they figured windchill so there are no more -60°s anymore. I was listening to the news last night and they were talking about all of the airports that were closed and they mentioned Purdue along with several other major airports. You made the big time!

Dave

Ophir

In Telluride, where it just rained from the same storm, we like to call that a "Miss appropriation of natural resources."

Send the snow back!

Derg

New Arizona, Il Duce/Warlord
Staff member
[ QUOTE ]
Doug, do you have a guest room?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course!

Do you have American Express or a case of Dos Equis Lager?

PurduePilot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Doug, do you have a guest room?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course!

Do you have American Express or a case of Dos Equis Lager?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you take Discover?

tonyw

I'm in the heart of it, right outside of DC. We've got 15 inches so far and we've got about 12 more hours to go!

I'm not going anywhere for a while. They imposed a state of emergency, so anyone who is not an emergency related employee who gets caught on the roads is going to get a $1,000 ticket!

Plus, with my car, three inches of snow is a problem. When it gets to 15 inches, it's not even worth bothering!

Derg

New Arizona, Il Duce/Warlord
Staff member
[ QUOTE ]
Do you take Discover?

[/ QUOTE ]

Discover? What am I, Sears Roebuck?

I take Key Loans too!

PurduePilot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you take Discover?

[/ QUOTE ]

Discover? What am I, Sears Roebuck?

I take Key Loans too!

[/ QUOTE ]

No one takes Discover anymore!

zombie5225

Right now Im stuck in my house. As of now 20 inches of snow. But we've got some asskicking snow drifts. My car, along with my neighbors car, is completely under snow. Ive got some great pictures that Ill scan when I get them developed.