Bird Dead, 737 Wounded

I'm working on my ATP written and was wondering: how often do people fill out Form 5200-7? I've never heard of anyone filling out that form for all the bird strikes I've seen.

I'm working on my ATP written and was wondering: how often do people fill out Form 5200-7? I've never heard of anyone filling out that form for all the bird strikes I've seen.
Pft, I don't know of 121 pilots ever having to fill those out. I'm pretty sure it's a mx function or somebody further down the line that does it.

How do you like Sheppard Air (assuming you're using it)?

It's amazing and highly recommended.

Usually I just memorize the computation problems for writtens. Sheppard has a memory aid sheet in which they organize most of the computation problems for easy memorization.

It's amazing and highly recommended.

Usually I just memorize the computation problems for writtens. Sheppard has a memory aid sheet in which they organize most of the computation problems for easy memorization.
Yeah. It's what I used to take my test, too. Got a 94 and the test only took me 50 minutes. It's good stuff!

Pft, I don't know of 121 pilots ever having to fill those out. I'm pretty sure it's a mx function or somebody further down the line that does it.

For some reason, I had a bird issue during my 121 tenure--one goose right below my windshield, a flock of small gulls on the underside of the wing on rotation, some other small stuff, and a duck in an engine two weeks before I quit. I think all of the captains filled out 5200-7, as it was strongly encouraged by the airline. The FAA treats it pretty seriously, so the more information they have (especially if you reported it to tower) the less likely they are to give you a call for clarification.

For some reason, I had a bird issue during my 121 tenure--one goose right below my windshield, a flock of small gulls on the underside of the wing on rotation, some other small stuff, and a duck in an engine two weeks before I quit. I think all of the captains filled out 5200-7, as it was strongly encouraged by the airline. The FAA treats it pretty seriously, so the more information they have (especially if you reported it to tower) the less likely they are to give you a call for clarification.

Good to know.

How do you like Sheppard Air (assuming you're using it)?
Worked well for me. I studied for about a week, took the test today, and ended up with a 93%. I was taking it at the same time as a friend taking her FOI and she finished about 15 minutes before me. Well worth it IMHO.

Back