Big Creek, ID. lodge burns down!

Wow pretty cool strip!

I would love to rent a cub and just hit all the cool airports. There was a thread a while back that linked to a blog that someone made of their trip up to alaska and all the airports (and beeches) along the way that they landed at. Had some of the best pictures ive ever seen.

Anyone know what I'm talking about. It was on this forum...

That's too bad about big creek, we were going to head up there this spring. do they know the cause of the fire?

There was a thread a while back that linked to a blog that someone made of their trip up to alaska and all the airports (and beeches) along the way that they landed at. Had some of the best pictures ive ever seen.

Anyone know what I'm talking about. It was on this forum...

http://shaunlunt.typepad.com/shootings/

I believe this was the guy you were looking for...unfortunately he was in an accident in his cub this summer, the page explains it all. But still some of the most amazing photography, what a wonderful way to spend your days, RIP :(

[quote=. do they know the cause of the fire?

They believe it was a chimmney fire, I don't know if it caught the roof on fire or started a fire in the attic. The closest fire protection is in Yellow Pine, 23 miles and 1 hour away. Bob

no chance of rebuild?

I hope that they rebuild, but I believe the land belongs to the Forest Service and so I don't really know. It is right up next to the Frank Church wilderness area and the FS have some funny ideas lately. Bob

Back