Best laid plans and all that

kellwolf

Piece of Trash
Yeah, well. We WERE gonna be there. Now we're not.

Nessa's mother was supposed to watch Gavin while we were in Vegas, but Nessa's father broke his hip and is now wheelchair bound. On top of that, he's also got emphazima (sp?) and is on oxygen pretty much 24/7. So, her mother won't be able to come up and watch him while we're gone. We toyed with the idea of her bringing him down to their house, but the logistics (along with the workload of having to help out Nessa's dad AND keep track of a crazed 2 year old in an unfamiliar house) were mind boggling. We toyed with the idea of taking him with us. Unfortunately, Vegas with a 2 year old can be exhausting and not as much fun for the parents. Toss in the fact that we'd have to fly 1st class to get out there, and he can't even get on the plane.

So, that leaves us with the final option: withdraw totally and hope for better luck next year. Kinda sucks since we were both looking forward to being there again (last time we were able to make it out was 2004). So, good luck to all those attending and have fun. Drink a few extra for us and hopefully we'll see ya next year.

Sorry to hear that! Just be sure to watch for nightly updates. Many Treo phones running around with cameras and internet access..... :rawk:

Darnit I was looking forward to meeting an eleven thousand post member.

Here's to hoping the hip recovers fully and quickly.

Drinking a few for ya can also be done.

Sorry to hear it man. :(

I was looking forward to meeting up with you guys. Hope all works out OK with your family. We'll see you next year.

and why would that be silly? ;)

Mama's need vacations too eh?! :D

Hey, I'm understanding. Anita's take trips all the time.

Trips to the kitchen to fix dinner.
Trips to the laundry room to make sure I have shirts for school.
Trips to daycare to drop off Theo.

Hell, just the other day she got a trip all the over to Costco to buy some groceries.

What else does a girl need?

The above is :sarcasm: in its most dangerous form! :laff:

Actually, this was supposed to be a vacation for both of us. We've both got the time off during the week, so we're gonna still take Gavin to day care and get our "us time" here at home. Sorta making the best of the situation, I guess.

Tracy, if I ever get a decent lenght CAK overnight, I'll be sure to let ya know.
Emily, it was hard enough to convince her to leave Gavin and go with me. I don't think she'd trust just me with the kiddo for 4 days.
Matt, I was looking forward to hanging out, too. Then again there's always SWA down the road. Gonna miss the roundtables. I was looking forward to that.
Dale, I met you back in 04. :)

Oh man, I wish I'd seen this sooner! If you'd wanted to make the drive, you could have brought him up here! He would have had two willing playmates and a fully toddler-equipped house :) (And his own room!)

I totally agree with not wanting to make the LAS trip with kids. It's too much work, all you'd end up doing is chasing him around. You can do that at home ;) He wouldn't get anything out of it, and it would be a lot of work. I thought briefly about bringing our two along. That thought lasted about 3 seconds. :D I'm hoping next year my mom will be brave enough and the kids will be old enough that she'll stay with them.

Back