Best College for 4 Year Degree?

Valaviator

Hi Guys,

I'm here to get some information, and was thinking maybe people here could help me out.

I currently am sitting with a:

-2 year associates degree
-Commercial pilots liscense ASEL AMEL & Instrument

Now i have heard of schools giving college credits for FAA ratings, and that was the path i was originally going to take. After i finished my 2 year degree i couldnt figure out what to major in, and i went into aviation. Now that i've got my ratings im ready to go back to school and try to finish.

Now im just curious if anyone has any input on the best schools i choose that could give me college credit for the aviation work i've done. Help would be much appreciated because im basically at a standstill.

IIRC, the vast majority of colleges will not honor and kind of certificates beyond private upon starting school. And even then, they won't give you credit for it unless you are an aviation major since obviously such classes wouldn't count towards your degree anyways if it wasn't aviation.

University of Dubuque, might honor those ratings. I transfered there with a Commercial ASEL and Instrument, they gave me the credit for it and I finished my CFI, CFII and AMEL, didn't do the MEI cause I didn't need it and wanted to save the money.

You could probably do their Flight Ops degree and double major in the Aviation Management and get out in 2-3 years. Again did it and didn't find it that hard.

But most schools won't give you credit for the other certificates, but you could major in something else than a flying degree and get a major in something else aviation related and still fly, get more ratings and maybe instruct if the school would hire you.

University of Dubuque, might honor those ratings. I transfered there with a Commercial ASEL and Instrument, they gave me the credit for it and I finished my CFI, CFII and AMEL, didn't do the MEI cause I didn't need it and wanted to save the money.

You could probably do their Flight Ops degree and double major in the Aviation Management and get out in 2-3 years. Again did it and didn't find it that hard.

But most schools won't give you credit for the other certificates, but you could major in something else than a flying degree and get a major in something else aviation related and still fly, get more ratings and maybe instruct if the school would hire you.
As a High School senior considering Dubuque foor my Bachelor's, do you find the job prospects good for pilots leaving the program?

What state do you live in? When I lived in California I was able to transfer from an community college to a UC school. It was really nice. Easy. I got to keep a lot of my credits but not all.

I'm sure it varies by state but I'd take a hard look at community college and transfer into a University.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a High School senior considering Dubuque foor my Bachelor's, do you find the job prospects good for pilots leaving the program?

Swing a dead cat around the Phoenix, North Texas, and Florida areas right now you're going to find an entry level CFI job.

Look into other areas of study besides just an aviation degree as well. Have a plan if you end up losing your medical and can no longer fly.

Make sure to focus on school first, then flying. It is much easier to get the flying done after finishing school than trying to finish school while working full time as a pilot.

You can instruct anywhere. Most college graduates don't stay at their schools (even my company hired lots of Riddle guys). Hours and pay are better elsewhere and like said above....focus on school. Don't worry about job placement for alumni. Some of my alum that studied aviation got jobs outside of the industry (for their own reasoning) when you could literally get hired by anyone as a CFI. As a matter of fact I got 2 offers on LinkedIn just this week in Phoenix.

Do the school and don't stress about the pilot job. That will fall into place when you graduate and look around.

Back