Best ADX written exam resource?

PhrogsRus

I am a pilot who will be teaching a ground school to help dispatchers pass their written exam. I have looked over both the Gleim and ASA test prep books, and I am unsure which is the better resource. I'm aware of the different styles, I personally prefer the layout of the ASA books, but I'm finding in this case that the Gleim has much more detail. The two books are really different, which is leaving me unsure as to which one to use in the course. Has anyone taken the written recently, if so, which study book did you use and did you find it prepared you well? Is there anything like a "study buddy" app for the DXP that I can recommend to students? Thank you!

Sheffield has this cheat sheet that is basically two pages worth of things that will help with about 30% of the test. If you memorize that sheet you will have the answers for all the flight planning and weight shift questions without even having to study them.

I used the ASA book in dispatch school and scored high on the ADX. With time, you will learn which questions in the ASA book are garbage and which are not. Many of the schools have a lot of years doing this and start to recognize the test bank patterns at that point. Until then, you'll probably have to teach everything and also teach the time saving methods from Sheppard Air.

I second Sheppard Air. If you want to pass the ADX written that is your best bet and it is also still helpful for the practical/oral ADX.

I am a pilot who will be teaching a ground school to help dispatchers pass their written exam. I have looked over both the Gleim and ASA test prep books, and I am unsure which is the better resource. I'm aware of the different styles, I personally prefer the layout of the ASA books, but I'm finding in this case that the Gleim has much more detail. The two books are really different, which is leaving me unsure as to which one to use in the course. Has anyone taken the written recently, if so, which study book did you use and did you find it prepared you well? Is there anything like a "study buddy" app for the DXP that I can recommend to students? Thank you!
That's the wrong way to look at it. Your students are looking to you as as subject matter expert. You need to become one. That means you don't simply "look over" this or that book. You study every available resources until you know the material. Otherwise, they don't need you. They can pick get the resource that works for them and study on their own.

Back