Bermuda Triangle

million_air

Last semester i did a report on the Bermuda Triangle and i was just wondering what u guys thought about it. What do the airlines and FAA say about it and do u guys have any wierd storys of it?

I was near it being just off the coast of Florida (5-7 miles offshore) and my magnetic compass did a very quick and complete 360 degree turn and returned back to my heading. I don't know if it was the Triangle or not, but it was definitly strange.

Hard to say what phenomena are out there? Maybe it’s real or maybe it’s just a great device to keep writes and history channel producers in jobs. Anything can happen.

Actually, statistically, the "Bermuda Triangle" has no more incidence of any mishaps than any other area as a percentage of operations. It is a fairly high traffic area for as much open water as there is there, which is likely the main reason there have been several well known events. I have flown thru the region many times, there is absolutely NO concern or even mention of it by any government authorities or airline operations people. It is only a concern for those that think that Area 51 has anything more than U.S. military flight test stuff in it and similarly gullible people.

I had to laugh recently when I caught a snip of a show on the Bermuda triangle that stated that it was directly opposite an area near Japan that had similar "events". Next time you see a globe, take a look at what's on the opposite side from the the "Bermuda triangle" and see how accurate that television whacko was... ;-)

Incidentally, while on the topic, I have flown all over the world at all hours for almost 20 years and have NEVER seen anything that could not be explained by known science, no UFOs, nada, nothing! I just flat out do not believe in any of it, although I wouldn't mind being proven wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
It is only a concern for those that think that Area 51 has anything more than U.S. military flight test stuff in it and similarly gullible people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think that's all that's there?
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
. It is only a concern for those that think that Area 51 has anything more than U.S. military flight test stuff in it

[/ QUOTE ]

So far as you and I know..........

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
. It is only a concern for those that think that Area 51 has anything more than U.S. military flight test stuff in it

[/ QUOTE ]

So far as you and I know..........

[/ QUOTE ]

The way I figure it, it wouldn't be sooo darned secretive if there was nothing to hide...

[ QUOTE ]
Area 51 does have the world's longest runway. Why would they need that if nothing ever happens there? Hummm???

[/ QUOTE ]

HELLO, McFly!! So that they could launch that unmarked 737 full of un-named people back and forth between Las Vegas to and from that top-secret job!!!!

What were you thinking??
grin.gif

Supposedly, they've moved the operations that were at Area 51 to a different base. They had something on Discovery that examined Area 51 and they said that it had been moved to Utah.

But who knows? They could have set that up as a smoke screen. Or it could be true. Or it could be a combination of both.

All I know is that I don't know. And I have a feeling that if I did find out, I might not be walking around freely for very long.

[ QUOTE ]

All I know is that I don't know. And I have a feeling that if I did find out, I might not be walking around freely for very long.

[/ QUOTE ]

You and I both!
laugh.gif

Flying during exercises in the 60-series ranges (R-4806E/W), we were told to avoid R-4808 at all costs. Probably rather you dump the plane if need be than divert into there.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Area 51 does have the world's longest runway. Why would they need that if nothing ever happens there? Hummm???

[/ QUOTE ]

HELLO, McFly!! So that they could launch that unmarked 737 full of un-named people back and forth between Las Vegas to and from that top-secret job!!!!

What were you thinking??
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol... ooops! forgot about those 737s! I guess you can't be too safe flying those around, an extra 8 miles worth of runway should ensure that!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What were you thinking??
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol... ooops! forgot about those 737s! I guess you can't be too safe flying those around, an extra 8 miles worth of runway should ensure that!

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

....some know more than others....

u need long runways for flight test, witness EDW. Not as much at Groom these days, tho. Did u know that Tony LeVier was the one that chose the site?

No little green men, tho.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe they are secretive because they are working on top secret military projects
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Riiighhht....I believe our military...don't you??

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe they are secretive because they are working on top secret military projects
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

as far as we know........

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe that our military has said they are working on any kind of super secret projects there... They would of course deny it if it were top secret, or else it wouldn't be top secret.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe that our military has said they are working on any kind of super secret projects there.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right....and I don't believe them!!
grin.gif

Back