Berlin Beer Fest

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
I'll get the rest posted later after I catch up, but here's one that's just hilarious:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2504.JPG
    IMG_2504.JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 425
somethin' like that...

actually, there were a bunch of "english" bachelor parties going on...and what they do is dress up in some type of theme and go out, drink beers and have a good time. It's English tradition that the bachelor always dresses as "the girl" (see "stephanie" - guy in blonde wig on left side of me). it was hilarious....

we saw a group of Rambo's...a group of Hard Rockers wearing slayer tshirts with inflatable air guitars...and more than one guy dressed in high heels, tight short dress and wigs!!

too bad we don't do things like that, it looks WAY more fun than strip clubs and lifesavers tshirts. haha

here's a few more tidbits on what ya'll missed out on.....

http://www.bierfestival-berlin.de/index.php?idcat=24

a video of the only "tent" in the beer fest...I guess they were getting ready for oktoberfest early?

[YT]eerJbxJekDk[/YT]

1) The CROWD...and yes, in certain locations, it was SLOW moving....
2) the beer list....and that's only 1 side...there's another other side to try. it took us about a day and a half to get thru the whole thing
3) beer drinking nuns? arrrooo?
4) HELLO Nurse...
5) What you can get from the nurses...nothing quite like intravenous beer.
6) although there were a ton of portopotties (eeww) and even pay for toilets (.50 cents & nicely cleaned each time), there were some that just thought they'd be warriors.
7) beer, all gone...time to go...peace OUT!
8) should be pic before the beer...but if you want to sober up quickly, you can eat one of these seriously juicy pickles... some beer cheese or brats/currywurst...they had food all over the place.
9) our Plan A & B since getting out of Berlin wasn't working for us. After 2 days of trying to get out of Berlin, we opted to hop the ICE train to AMS...and did get lucky getting out of AMS on the first try...

lesson learned: do not travel standby in August! HAHAHA

Attachments

• IMG_2477.jpg
    IMG_2477.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2476.jpg
    IMG_2476.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_2500.jpg
    IMG_2500.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2505.jpg
    IMG_2505.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_2507.jpg
    IMG_2507.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2512.jpg
    IMG_2512.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_2545.jpg
    IMG_2545.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0441.jpg
    IMG_0441.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_2561.jpg
    IMG_2561.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 136
9) our Plan A & B since getting out of Berlin wasn't working for us. After 2 days of trying to get out of Berlin, we opted to hop the ICE train to AMS...and did get lucky getting out of AMS on the first try...

lesson learned: do not travel standby in August! HAHAHA

Or try to fly out of Germany while there is a strike going on at Lufthansa.

attachment.php

:drool:

Did you invite them to NJC? Plenty of space in my hotel room if they need a place to sleep.

I always thought the Germans were very efficient. Why do they have so many guys trimming the hedge? Curious......
6285d1218158328-berlin-beer-fest-img_2512.jpg

I am planning a trip to oktoberfest in MUN. Maybe you guys should post a how-to on here. Might help me a bit...lol.

Talk to Windycitypilot. He goes to Munich every year for oktoberfest. we've only been once and prefer the milder Stuttgart Volksfest.

Talk to Windycitypilot. He goes to Munich every year for oktoberfest. we've only been once and prefer the milder Stuttgart Volksfest.

Come on now Kristie our table at Oktoberfest wasn't too crazy....there was only 1 fight at the table next to us and I saved you from falling off the bench! :)

If anyone has questions on Oktoberfest PM me and I'll be glad to help you out however I can. I'll be there from 9/26 to 10/5 this year! :rawk:

eh, it was a bit crazy for me at my old age...but now that i know what it's like...i wouldn't mind trying it again if we have a group of people going. :)

Back