Bendoraitis Named New Comair President!

CRJDriver

John Bendoraitis Named New Comair President

CINCINNATI, Ohio – November 18, 2008 – Today John Bendoraitis was named Comair’s new president. Bendoraitis replaces John Selvaggio, who is retiring.

A 25-year industry veteran, Bendoraitis most recently served as president of Compass Airlines, a Northwest Airlink partner. Prior to leading Compass, he served as vice president of Base Maintenance for Northwest where he oversaw the carrier’s airframe, engine and component maintenance.

Bendoraitis began his career as a maintenance technician and technical instructor at Northwest in 1984. “John is a strong, veteran leader with experience at both Northwest and Compass, giving him a unique perspective on both mainline and regional carriers,” said Don Bornhorst, senior vice president of Delta Connection. “He has demonstrated his willingness to roll up his sleeves and immerse himself in the challenges facing everyone in the aviation industry. We are fortunate to have someone with his skills to lead Comair.”

Bendoraitis joins Comair as the airline’s performance has excelled, especially in on-time flights and flight completion. The company has also maintained its focus on costs and has achieved $30 million in savings during 2008.

“I am looking forward to working with the Comair team to build upon the carrier’s experience and strengths,” Bendoraitis said. “We will also strive as a team to make Comair competitive in a challenging industry.”

Based at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport, Comair is a wholly owned subsidiary of Delta Air Lines and a Delta Connection carrier. The airline employs 5,800 dedicated aviation professionals and operates 511 flights a day to 77 international and domestic destinations.

I love how this is going to be our 5th President in 4 or 5 years. What a joke! I will still be out of a job come January. Happy Holidays!

Comair CEO out Compass CEO in

Selvaggio Retires; Bendoraitis Named New Comair President

President John Selvaggio has announced his retirement from Comair, effective today. John Bendoraitis (pictured at right), previously president of Compass Airlines, was named the airline's new president.
"I am proud to have been at the helm during what will undoubtedly be regarded as some of the rockiest times in airline history, and to have served with each of you," Selvaggio said in a memo to all employees. "I leave Comair with much hope for the airline's - and your - success and strong future."
John Bendoraitis has more than 25 years of industry experience, including more than 20 years at Northwest. He served as the airline's vice president of Base Maintenance before helping launch Compass and serving as president of the airline, a Northwest Airlink partner.
"One of the first questions I anticipate from many of you is how do we secure Comair's future?" Bendoraitis wrote in a memo to the Comair team. "While I am new to your team, our mission in that regard has not changed. We need to provide safe, clean, reliable air service with a commitment to our customers and employees. It should come as no surprise to you that our costs will remain under intense scrutiny, and the industry will continue to set the bar."

Re: Comair CEO out Compass CEO in

Selvaggio Retires; Bendoraitis Named New Comair President

President John Selvaggio has announced his retirement from Comair, effective today. John Bendoraitis (pictured at right), previously president of Compass Airlines, was named the airline's new president.
"I am proud to have been at the helm during what will undoubtedly be regarded as some of the rockiest times in airline history, and to have served with each of you," Selvaggio said in a memo to all employees. "I leave Comair with much hope for the airline's - and your - success and strong future."
John Bendoraitis has more than 25 years of industry experience, including more than 20 years at Northwest. He served as the airline's vice president of Base Maintenance before helping launch Compass and serving as president of the airline, a Northwest Airlink partner.
"One of the first questions I anticipate from many of you is how do we secure Comair's future?" Bendoraitis wrote in a memo to the Comair team. "While I am new to your team, our mission in that regard has not changed. We need to provide safe, clean, reliable air service with a commitment to our customers and employees. It should come as no surprise to you that our costs will remain under intense scrutiny, and the industry will continue to set the bar."

In other words, how much of a pay cut are you willing to take?:rolleyes:

Who knows what will happen with this. It appears Compass has been doing pretty damn well so far. Many thought it would be a joke and we can all see as of now that is not the case. If I am a guy about to hit the street any news is a welcome thought. Right now at my airline we have not had any news in well over 3 months. That's NOTHING at all. I personally would be fine with new upper management. Gladly would welcome them.

It seems like your new CEO is very passionate and willing to get things to work. Its hard to find a good guy with a positive reputation in this industry and from talking to buddies at Compass they are sad to see him leave. They are questioning what is going on and why he would leave one wholly owned (Compass) for Comair. Many are speculating on the unknown but I really think this could be a positive for Comair more then a negative.

Who knows what will happen with this. It appears Compass has been doing pretty damn well so far. Many thought it would be a joke and we can all see as of now that is not the case. If I am a guy about to hit the street any news is a welcome thought. Right now at my airline we have not had any news in well over 3 months. That's NOTHING at all. I personally would be fine with new upper management. Gladly would welcome them.

It seems like your new CEO is very passionate and willing to get things to work. Its hard to find a good guy with a positive reputation in this industry and from talking to buddies at Compass they are sad to see him leave. They are questioning what is going on and why he would leave one wholly owned (Compass) for Comair. Many are speculating on the unknown but I really think this could be a positive for Comair more then a negative.

Compass is going to be bought out. Thats my own rumor I started with myself.

Just as we all started to say the last guy's name correct....another one jumps in.

Interesting.

Who knows what will happen with this. It appears Compass has been doing pretty damn well so far.=

Define "doing well?" Are we talking performance or financials? It's hard NOT to do well financially with the "overhead" Compass has, or doesn't have.

I do know the he busts unions really well! We'll see what he's got in store. I'm sure Richard gave him a "to do list".:rolleyes:

Competitive in a challenging industry... Batten down the hatches and light up the torches, mateys!

Back