beginning flight training...(soon)

Ryan

I plan on shopping different flight schools in my area (Long Island, NY specifically KFRG Farmingdale) to pursue my PPL and I was wondering if anyone could share with me from their past experiences what about a flight school should turn me around and out the door. What are some things to ask the flight school? things to look for? things to NOT look for? I've been wanting to start training for years and years but wasn't able to mainly because of age and financial situation (currently 17 years old) and I have a substantial amount of funds not quite enough to completely pay for the training but I will hopefully find a job soon to cover that part. Anyway I've been kinda bugging out about finding the right school. If anyone could recommend a school that would be great, I've been looking into B.K. Aviation at KFRG so any comments about them would be great. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

-RYAN

I would ask to talk to an instructor when you walk in the door...or better yet, call the schools in advance and set up an appointment for an intro flight at the schools you are most interested in.

When you've visited a few schools, let us know what you think and we can give you some feedback.

I flew out of AirfFleet Linden (NJ) over the summer. If you are willing to pay the tolls you can avoid the landing fees and NYairspace around FRG . If you are going to stay in LI I suggest AirEast at FRG. I haven't heard good things about BK and Caleum. Nassau Flyers and Select are prob the two most expensive schools at FRG.

You wouldn't happen to be a fs2004.com member now would you? I was talking to another teen named Ryan over there starting flight training. If you're looking for comments on the flight school and can't get 'em here go to www.airnav.com go under airport. Type in the airport Identifier and then go to the bottom of the page. There it will have a list of businesses on the airport. Select the one you're looking for and there maybe a couple comments about it which may help you if no one here can.

many things to consider, no i am not a member of 2004fs.com, so I should call several schools and talk to them first and from there eliminate some until I make my final decision? thanks for all of your input
smile.gif

-Ryan

Back