Before the next person bashes Colgan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did someone change the song?

No.

Have you been reading what I have been saying? Like you changed your ideas about this career, I am stating what I feel now about my company. I think I have made it perfectly clear. We are trying to do something better here to help all of us in this career out. It is difficult to do so when an 'us' vs 'them' mentaility is out there.

Somebody has been hitting the bottle a little to much! I understand where your heart is about all the bashing. But as far as the PAY, Please get off your high horse. Just explain why you and I now get zero credit for CX and WX for 48hrs. and then if its not giving to you that I now have to email somebody to get paid?:bandit:

No idea what you are talking about with the 48 hours stuff. It has been if they cancel it less than eight hours you are pay protected for as long as I have been here.

The union drive is on, and it affects ALL of us. It's time for less talk and more action. Support the union drive and get the the CJC crowd on board.

Remember: Only YOU can prevent pilots from "Doin' Da Colgan." :)

:yeahthat:

Thank you!

Right now I'm pretty happy being at Colgan. My life ain't bad at all.​

Same here, the Colgan "horror's" are way over exagerated. Mostly by people that weren't here that long and have gone and left, but yet they still love to chime in about life at Colgan. I'm not saying there is nothing wrong, and yes I am voting for ALPA, but if you are an outsider, its not even close to as bad as it sounds.

Same here, the Colgan "horror's" are way over exagerated. Mostly by people that weren't here that long and have gone and left, but yet they still love to chime in about life at Colgan. I'm not saying there is nothing wrong, and yes I am voting for ALPA, but if you are an outsider, its not even close to as bad as it sounds.

I am a pinnacle pilot and I know that ALPA has flaws, especially on the regional level, but if you Colganites join us and sign with Alpa, together we can make Alpa stronger and completely eliminate the threat of a whipsaw in the PNCL corp under one seniority list.

I am a pinnacle pilot and I know that ALPA has flaws, especially on the regional level, but if you Colganites join us and sign with Alpa, together we can make Alpa stronger and completely eliminate the threat of a whipsaw in the PNCL corp under one seniority list.

:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

I know that this was posted sort of in jest, but you do realize that it's not all about you. I mean, it's great you don't give a damn what they do to the rest of the industry as long as they don't touch your corner of it.

I dont know Ethan.... What I've learned so far about this industry by first hand experience and seeing some of our own guys getting screwed is you can and should only worry about number 1. Thus our older guys on certain issues were worried about themselves and only them. I dunno.... I dont know if I can blame one for doing what they are seeing first hand. It happens at our small company i'm sure he's viewed it at ASA for sure then.

Ok now that was a lot of sarcasm but it does have some truth to it as well. anyways. :)

Well, that's lovely. Then you've officially said #### it and are joining "them". In the last year 60% of your pilot group had the chance to come to their own conclusion about a whole lot of things including the whole "me first" vs. "greater good" thing. It's pretty clear where the majority of them ended up. And yet, I don't really blame them. You're right, the senior guys failed miserably at even attempting to instill any sort of industry wide values system. And it isn't just here. It's probably pretty much every property.

BUT... just because the majority feel that way, I sure as hell am not stopping working for the greater good of the whole and will continue to call out people who are out for only themselves.

(and just a disclaimer that this ME, not my union position speaking... I don't want to get in trouble again:))

Oh Ethan! You know I love ya man! :) It was just me being sarcastic! But its the view of someone who's new to the world and it does give them a bad taste. I take it with a grain of salt and am just hopeful I guess. But I cant say I blame Marcus for worrying about his flying either.

I have been doing some thinking. People LOVE bashing Colgan and quite frankly it is uncalled for.

Yes we have our issues, however, to bash us as 'undercutters' etc is quite uncalled for. First off, when I first started off at Colgan, NO ONE knew who we where. I remember jumpseating for the first time on Airways, happy as a kid in a candy shop to be sitting up front on a 757 from MCO to CLT. The crew had NO IDEA who Colgan was. This was a recurring issue for my first year and a half here. NO ONE knew who we where, what we flew, or cared for that matter. A few times, while jumping on contracted flying operators I was look at and thought of as a cute odity. 'Aww, it is a poor Colgan guy, when are you going to make the jump and fly a RJ,' was said numerous times to me while traveling around.

In the past year and a half, the calls have been greater for calling us undercutters, contracted flying stealers, whatever. I ask, what makes us undercuttersstealer's though? Yes we need a union here, but the more and more I talk to other people at other airlines, things really are on par with other airlines, if not better.

Some people love to bash us on pay. Well, our pay rates suck, but, our pay rules do make up for it in a way. We are paid for first flight of the day checks, runups, repos, wx cancelations, hot reserve pay (which basically is a duty rig pay which I doubt other airlines have), block or better, and other little oddities that one can work in. Are guys at XJET being paid to do their first flight of the day checks? What about at ASA, RAH, or American Eagle? My pay credit yesterday was suppose to be 4:27 minutes. Well I was stuck all day in BDL with a mechanical. Ended up with a 6:56 minute pay credit, didn't fly a leg, and made it home six hours late. Is that really undercutting anyone? Made more for the day than I was scheduled to do and didn't have to say V1. I am not bragging here, just saying.

A lot of people love to bash our scheduling department and what they make our pilots do. After hearing stories about other airlines scheduling departments, well we all have the same issues.

Yes, we do need improvement here, we need ALPA on property, and we must raise the bar.

However, as times are tough in this industry, it is easy to point fingers at particularly groups. We must all look in the mirror and look at ourselves first before we point the finger at others. Don't look at one particular group for the problems of this industry. Not fair or right.

First of all Seggy you don't have to recap, we know Colgan is the bottom of the barrel. And second of all if you feel like Colgan is great then why do you need ALPA on property? Do you think ALPA will push for you guys to stop taking away Expressjet flying in EWR, and who knows where next? Or what about the fact that you are the only airline that flys 75 seaters for 50 seat pay? Almost equivalent to a CRJ900. That's just sad. There is no substitute for good pay.

But the good news is that I don't really care because this is all management's doing and let's face it we all know the game even though you know your company sucks most are going to look the other way because it's still a flying job. All we can do is take our frustrations out on these types of forums.

Or what about the fact that you are the only airline that flys 75 seaters for 50 seat pay?

Um? Hello? No.

No argument from me that the Q pay rate is hurting a lot of people right now, but at least they have a different rate from 37 (or what ever the SAAB is) to 76 seats. That's a hell of a lot better then some other places out there.

While waiting on a ASA flight in Toronto, ON I was lucky enough to pass the time chatting to a very attractive (actually HOT!) lady Captain who flew for Colgan. Won't get any negative stuff from me - no sir! She was lovely! made me want to sign up immediately! - don't know what you're all bitchin bout........!
Ahem!..Sorry, just got this thing about good looking lady Captains recently...dammit, old age is a terrible thing!

I was in EWR today in my shiny jazz RJ. I saw several Qs and they look quite snazzy. The Colgan pilots always wave to me in EWR and YYZ, so they're cool in my books!

Good luck in the next ALPA vote!

Um? Hello? No.

No argument from me that the Q pay rate is hurting a lot of people right now, but at least they have a different rate from 37 (or what ever the SAAB is) to 76 seats. That's a hell of a lot better then some other places out there.
Who is worse out there? (not rhetorical, I really don't know)

And I mentioned in another thread if a company undercut colgan as badly as they are undercutting xjet a 2nd year CA would be making $47/hour in a 76 seat aircraft (2nd year FOs $19/hour). But as long as they pay their 37 seaters even less then it would all be OK, right?

I'm not talking about pay rates. I'm talking about actual pay levels for number of seats. See, now I'm going to get myself in trouble...

Sky West has one rate for all their flying. The "override" they get for flying a bigger airplane is a joke.

I believe Mesa (per aircraft type) and Republic pay their FOs the same no matter how many seats they fly.

It makes it VERY difficult to negotiate a rate for a new airframe on your own property when management keeps saying "well, look at them, they fly everything for one rate so we shouldn't even be having this conversation".

Delta could run a 767 every half hour, all day long, and every single flight would be oversold between hubs. There is no legitimate reason to use RJs on these flights.

Most of the reason that an RJ is used on those flights is because of positioning. Delta is a "round trip" airline when it comes to aircraft scheduling. Rarely would you have a CRJ go ATL-SDF-CVG to get it up to CVG. The aircraft would just fly ATL-CVG and then hub and spoke out of there.

I believe Mesa (per aircraft type) and Republic pay their FOs the same no matter how many seats they fly.

Uh oh! RIP Ethan..... Skywest, RAH and Mesa all in one sentence. Let alone taking a jab at SKW/RAH is deadly around here. Should I bring roses to the funneral :)

Most of the reason that an RJ is used on those flights is because of positioning. Delta is a "round trip" airline when it comes to aircraft scheduling. Rarely would you have a CRJ go ATL-SDF-CVG to get it up to CVG. The aircraft would just fly ATL-CVG and then hub and spoke out of there.

Isnt that how most regionals work? I know at PSA we go in and out of hubs all day long. Hardly ever see a DCA-CHS-LGA... where you dont return back to the hub you just came out of.

I'm not talking about pay rates. I'm talking about actual pay levels for number of seats. See, now I'm going to get myself in trouble...

Sky West has one rate for all their flying. The "override" they get for flying a bigger airplane is a joke.

It makes it VERY difficult to negotiate a rate for a new airframe on your own property when management keeps saying "well, look at them, they fly everything for one rate so we shouldn't even be having this conversation".

Why don't you guys just match their rates, so everybody can get on a level playing field, then go from there. For example, just go to management and say we want XJET/ASA/SKW's payrates and work rules. Shoot, thats what SKW basically got when ASA got its contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back