becoming a Red Bull air race pilot

My former boss flies for the red bull air races and from what I understand it is by invite only.

speaking of, anyone going to the race in Detroit at the end of May? We're thinking about it since we can't make it to the San Diego race.

I almost forgot...MONEY. With enough money you can put a team in the air races at which point you will be selected by invite only to fly for said team.

First things first. Get your tailwheel endorsement if you do not yet have one, and then find local aerobatic instruction to get the basics down. Check for a list of schools at www.iac.org, the natational association for aerobatic enthusiasts (it's part of EAA). There you will also find information regarding local and regional aerobatic contests you can compete in at a variety of levels - Sportsman, Intermediate, Advanced, and Unlimited. Rise through these levels and do well, and then you might make yourself attractive to an air race team.

You need to win a few national and world aerobatic championships, then be invited by team Red Bull.

Back