BBC "People Like Us" -- Airline Pilots

Classic! That Captain is great. "Look, I'll start and just tell you what you want to know." :)

FO: "You don't have to actually salute him."
CA: "Don't listen to him, carry on."

"I'm not going to answer that, it's drivel. But I'm glad you addressed my responsibilities because it makes it easier to say this. The only dangerous thing on board this aircraft is YOU."

classic. "heathrow airport...in effect, this is a small, self-contained city, with all of the facilities and infrastructure that a modern city needs, including it's own airport."

Anyone notice that they briefed for a 767 but the airplane they were on had four thrust levers? Was it real or just some sort of skit? Either way that flight attendant can help me tug on my safety belt any time. :)

Anyone notice that they briefed for a 767 but the airplane they were on had four thrust levers? Was it real or just some sort of skit? Either way that flight attendant can help me tug on my safety belt any time. :)
It's fake; it looked like the cockpit parts were filmed in a 747-400 sim. The cheesiest parts are when the runway is shown from the cockpit, in all its simulated glory, and when they're on "final approach" and it shows the altitude tape descending through 33,600 feet:). All it needed was John Cleese fish-slapping someone to get the full British humor effect...

Back