Basics 7-29

Prino

Just got a FOL (i was at the LA PEPC) and im slated for the July 29th Basics class. Who else will be in it with me?

Just got a FOL (i was at the LA PEPC) and im slated for the July 29th Basics class. Who else will be in it with me?

Hey! I am also on for July 29th. Did you already secure your housing? I was originally sch'd for Aug. 6th but was asked to move up. I did and will be staying at the Extended Stay for a week then move to Walnut Gardens. Congrats on this!

Just a heads up to those headed to OKC. I know that housing is sparse, but student services are currently trying to get Meridian Mansions off the approved housing list. A girl in my class woke up to cockroaches in her bed with her. Then when she requested an exterminator, they just had their maint. guy spray her apartment with some raid.

Another guy in my class got an unexpected roommate at midnight three nights after we got here.

On the plus side, I highly recommend Spanish Gardens. It is another 5 minutes north from the airport, but they have the best accommodations I have seen here so far.

R10, thanks for that info. What's the lodging fee for Spanish Gardens? Also, how are the classes going so far?

Just a heads up to those headed to OKC. I know that housing is sparse, but student services are currently trying to get Meridian Mansions off the approved housing list. A girl in my class woke up to cockroaches in her bed with her. Then when she requested an exterminator, they just had their maint. guy spray her apartment with some raid.

Another guy in my class got an unexpected roommate at midnight three nights after we got here.

On the plus side, I highly recommend Spanish Gardens. It is another 5 minutes north from the airport, but they have the best accommodations I have seen here so far.

I can attest to this. I stayed at Highland Pointe for a month and then moved to Meridian Mansions cause it was cheaper. Well there was a sign on the door that said the place had just been sprayed. I walked in and there were some dead bugs around and then i killed a spider later that night. I woke up in the morning feeling like I had dust in my throat cause the place was so dirty. I stayed two nights and then moved back to Highland Pointe. Highland Pointe is really nice and it's $52 a day if you can get a place through Corporate Housing Solutions. I'd also not recommend using ATB. If you are desperate then just book with Evans Living. Yeah, you'll pay a ton, but you'll be at one of the nicest places in OKC.

I can attest to this. I stayed at Highland Pointe for a month and then moved to Meridian Mansions cause it was cheaper. Well there was a sign on the door that said the place had just been sprayed. I walked in and there were some dead bugs around and then i killed a spider later that night. I woke up in the morning feeling like I had dust in my throat cause the place was so dirty. I stayed two nights and then moved back to Highland Pointe. Highland Pointe is really nice and it's $52 a day if you can get a place through Corporate Housing Solutions. I'd also not recommend using ATB. If you are desperate then just book with Evans Living. Yeah, you'll pay a ton, but you'll be at one of the nicest places in OKC.
can you guys still get help with the housing if you stay at somewhere other than at faa approved housing?? ive been thinking about renting out a room or 2 to students whenever i get a house closer to the academy

Hey! I am also on for July 29th. Did you already secure your housing? I was originally sch'd for Aug. 6th but was asked to move up. I did and will be staying at the Extended Stay for a week then move to Walnut Gardens. Congrats on this!

Hahaha nice! I just secured housing myself today. I will be staying at the Extended Stay for 10 days and then moving to Walnut Gardens except I'll be doing it in August lol

I'm sch'd to move into Walnut Gardens on Aug. 5th. It sucks having to go from one spot to the next, but I just heard that the Extended Stay is newer and offers most of the same amenities. The price is about $10 more though. I haven't made up my mind as to whether I will stay or go. I guess it's good to have choices.:)

I just noticed they updated the housing / hotel list this morning. Some of them look like new posts (not new apts) and hotels.

I am in NY and finished my PEPC today and received a tentative offer letter for the 7/29 terminal class. I told them I could start ASAP and so it shall be I guess... :buck:

I am in NY and finished my PEPC today and received a tentative offer letter for the 7/29 terminal class. I told them I could start ASAP and so it shall be I guess... :buck:

Terminal = Loser! LOL, I am totally kidding. CONGRATS!! That's quick eh? You'll probably be done before I ever start!

congrats, where at in norman do you live?

Terminal = Loser! LOL, I am totally kidding. CONGRATS!! That's quick eh? You'll probably be done before I ever start!

haha, ass..... yeah, that is pretty quick but with me being local I figured it would be a very easy transition and I'm not working right no so money would be nice again(as little as it may be).....

Back