Background search question

highlander27

So for the people who already successfully concluded their PEPCs in NY and may have a misdemeanor or two on their records, did you guys have any major problems clearing the background search?

Cool, thanks. I just got back from the NY PEPC and got my TOL. My advice is to just be honest and explain your situation and the circumstances of any significant event to the security interviewer.

Best of luck to all the others out there who are sketching a little about not so great moments in the past.

I was asked to fill out a statement about my 'incident' as well as copies of any records I had regarding the case.
I'm cautiously hopeful that the situation will be workable, and that I'll get the FOL like everyone else.

(Note to others though, I've been told that my FOL may be delayed for extra evaluation and processing, so if you have any problems, be prepared for the wait and work involved.)

Does anyone know if you have a separate security interview at the PEPC or is it done as part of the interview?

The PEPC does not normally include a security interview.

If the security investigation process requires an interview, then that will be scheduled between the TOL and FOL as part of the background check process.

Your interview is just that: a interview. They don't ask any questions about your background during this part. Later you will fill out the SF85/86 on a computer, and that is when I was diverted to a separate room to fill out an additional statement.

Back