Back to the drawing board at Allegiant

Where do we being.......?

Simple answer - there was not much improvement from what we had now.

What was wrong with what you had before? Meaning, what conditions existed pre-TA that you wanted to change? Is this your first contract?

Let me clarify.....

Personally, I like working for Allegiant - It's not a bad place to work and Vegas is a great place to live...yes it is hot but the fall and winter is lovely.

Reason why the union was voted in was our prior management - our current management is a lot better than it was several years ago. I do not have to worry about if I don't have a job the next day because of their mood or if I ask a question, I will get my head bit off......current management is more approachable and is willing to listen since both of them were line dispatcher prior to being prompted.

But without going into a lot of details - there was too many loop holes in our work rules and needs to be more black and white.

Let me clarify.....

Personally, I like working for Allegiant - It's not a bad place to work and Vegas is a great place to live...yes it is hot but the fall and winter is lovely.

Reason why the union was voted in was our prior management - our current management is a lot better than it was several years ago. I do not have to worry about if I don't have a job the next day because of their mood or if I ask a question, I will get my head bit off......current management is more approachable and is willing to listen since both of them were line dispatcher prior to being prompted.

But without going into a lot of details - there was too many loop holes in our work rules and needs to be more black and white.

Voting the union in is also about protecting work rules and having a barrier in place if/when the company decides to shift back to less than dispatcher friendly management. However, in the end the vote came down to not letting weak economics be leveraged for job protection and grievance ability. Looking at the sections is like looking a pie slices, who wants a pie with uneven slices? That is what many here feel the TA.

We'll get back to the table and iron these things out.

Back