Back to 121 / eating my words

Wow, sad to hear that it did not work out for you. But hopefully the 121 world is brighter for you.
The best 91 corporate jobs are better than anything the 121 world can throw at you.

Oh believe me, I would never dispute that. My old job was like that for the first 5 years. Best kept secret in aviation. Unfortunately it had evolved to the point that it was no longer a fit for me.

Wow, sad to hear that it did not work out for you. But hopefully the 121 world is brighter for you.
The best 91 corporate jobs are better than anything the 121 world can throw at you.

Unless you HAVE to fly a building. Yes, I know a few people that won't be happy until they're captain of a 747/A380. :rolleyes:

Oh believe me, I would never dispute that. My old job was like that for the first 5 years. Best kept secret in aviation. Unfortunately it had evolved to the point that it was no longer a fit for me.

Do you know a women, initials J.H., that works there?

No, FBOs that he will not be visiting anymore have Otis Spunkmeyer cookies! :) Enjoy the peanuts!

I should have said "Delta (Connection) has cookies."
3505207991_0f3609c2bc_o.jpg

Congrats on the decision! I understand what a tough one it was....but now that the decision is done, try not to look back and make the most of the new gig!

If the person UAL747400 is asking about has mellowed out from their flight instruction days then say "howdy" for me... if not I'm sorry you had to work with them. Not well liked by many at "the U."

Have fun with the new job Zap! I wish you a long and fulfilling career at "ze bleu!"

She did my intrument checkride. I thought she was fine. Meh :)

Congrats ZapBrannigan by the way.

I like corporate, it was a fantastic fit for me. However, my odds of finding the "best" corporate job are significantly lower than getting on with a major/legacy. There are far more crappy corporate jobs than good ones unfortunately.

I like corporate, it was a fantastic fit for me. However, my odds of finding the "best" corporate job are significantly lower than getting on with a major/legacy. There are far more crappy corporate jobs than good ones unfortunately.
That is 100% true, however never stop looking, even when you get on with a major, you never know what may come your way.
I have always figured that the ratio of crappy corporate jobs to good ones is about 10:1

That is 100% true, however never stop looking, even when you get on with a major, you never know what may come your way.
I have always figured that the ratio of crappy corporate jobs to good ones is about 10:1

Crappy is a relative term but I'd say that number is closer to 50:1

I don't disagree, except I do agree with Mike about the different ratio. I'm still looking as always, and networking when able. I had an interview last year for a 91/135 gig that seemed like a good fit, but didn't get it. In hindsight, it was probably a good thing - the way they let me know I didn't get the job was extremely unprofessional. But I'm still keeping an eye out there...

Good luck with the new job change Zap! I am sure it has to be scary making such a large life change, but sometimes change can be really good! Just keep your head up and stay positive through the swap!

Back