Bachelor of General Studies major

luicwalker90

Hello, I was just wondering, what kind of jobs in the aviation industry can I get with Bachelor of General Studies. My plan is to BGS degree and get flight dispatcher certificate. Is it possible for me to get a job in the aviation industry as a flight dispatcher? Thanks

There's no degree required to be a dispatcher, so yes, you can get a job with a general studies degree. I work with people who have everything from no degree to master's degrees, and I am at a major airline. This being said, many airlines do like people to have college degrees - but unless you're looking for an airline job in IT or engineering, what your major was is not that important.

Absolutely! I have an Associates in Applied Science - Surgical technology. Pretty sure that has NOTHING to do with aviation...lol. And I'm a licensed, employed dispatcher. Good luck! :)

I have an Associates in Applied Science - Surgical technology. Pretty sure that has NOTHING to do with aviation...lol.

This maybe true but I don't think I'd want to be the person that your POd at, as it seems you are fully trained on what instruments to use for a very long, slow, painful death. :D

This is what I'm pursuing after a 6 year hiatus from college. Anything to give you that ever so important edge above the competition.

F9DXER said:
This maybe true but I don't think I'd want to be the person that your POd at, as it seems you are fully trained on what instruments to use for a very long, slow, painful death. :D

LOL!! ;-)

Back