awac employees?

ieshia

Is there anyone on here that works for awac? I was recently hired as a fa with them and was wondering if there was anyone who could tell me about the training process, and what its like to be on reserve.

Is there anyone on here that works for awac? I was recently hired as a fa with them and was wondering if there was anyone who could tell me about the training process, and what its like to be on reserve.

I don't know about the other side of the door, or Air Wisconsin, however I do know someone who is in-flight there. I will ask and see what I can scoop up for you. You can pretty much expect the same thing at every airline.

Announcements
Safety Briefing
Emergency Procedures and Equipment
Learning Airport Codes

I'm assuming you already know how to pour a Coke so no surprise there. ;) You should be fine though. Just study what they tell you too and you should be good. You only have to learn one airplane (CRJ-200) so that also should make it easier.

Reserve life is pretty comparable to everywhere else. You will usually be given a short call or long call reserve shift so depending if you live in base or not can make your quality of life much better! Short call is sitting at the airport waiting for them to call you for an assignment while long call you are given 2 hours (I think) to get to the airport for an assignment. Get a NetFlix account if you don't already have one and lots of music.

Welcome! I'm on the other side of the door at AWAC. I know jack about FA training other than it isn't rocket science. Pay attention and try hard. You will make it through training but the real test will be once you are on line. That's where people figure out if its really for them or not. Feel free to PM me with any additional questions. Hope to see you on line!

It's in Norfolk, va. Very laid back and friendly atmosphere but certainly strict test requirements. Lots of studying. I was a flight attendant there for a while and still have friends there, including management. Pm me for any specific questions.

Back