Avionco

scflyin

Not sure if any thing has been posted about this company, but I was wondering if anyone knew details about them. They are looking for pilots to be based in Yemen flying the 200/700. SIC is a minimum six month contract and PIC is one year. Any thoughts or comments?

They do have some locations other than Yeman. A captain I've flown with in the past is currently finishing up a 3 month contract with them in Uruguay and seemed to have had a pretty good time down there.

The contract he is inquiring about is Felix Air, there's a whole thread on propilotworld about it.

If you're ok with being transported to and from a highly secured residence/hotel by guards with automatic rifles, so you can make $6000/month, this is the job for you.

Well the drive to and from work without the guards is boring. :sarcasm: But thanks for your ever so wonderful post Joliet.

Ignore that last post I made. My mouth engaged before my brain did. After reading up on it some more I don't think you could pay me enough to go fly over there.

I wasn't making up any of it, including the automatic rifles. The girls at that do the initial contact from Avionco aren't even shy to tell you about it.

Would you be comfortable being transported by company car with guards armed with automatic rifles?

Why yes, sign me up!!!!!!!!

BobD... Any chance you would be able to put me in contact with that captain you spoke of? I was born in South America and sent Avionco my resume but they never called me back.. I am one of the fellow PSAers furloughed and Id be willing to fly in South America, specially Uruguay if the pay is good enough. Im no. 7 to be recalled, but I'd rather pass up a recall for now if i am making more money with Avionco... PM me

Thanks

Man why is it that the job pays well but yet it has to be in such a crap place? I would rather go work there than wait on PSA to recall or fly for another regional over here. Heck in six months of working there I would be debt free. Almost seems like it would be worth the risk.

BobD... Any chance you would be able to put me in contact with that captain you spoke of? I was born in South America and sent Avionco my resume but they never called me back.. I am one of the fellow PSAers furloughed and Id be willing to fly in South America, specially Uruguay if the pay is good enough. Im no. 7 to be recalled, but I'd rather pass up a recall for now if i am making more money with Avionco... PM me

Thanks

As far as I know the job in Uruguay was only for people with a lot of time in the airplane and experience as an IP. I talked to him about it briefly when it looked like I was going to get downgraded and he said I was no where near competitive for it.

Sorry Joliet. I believe I am a class or two behind you. And if it wasn't bad enough being furloughed from the airline, now they are trimming the fat at my current job. Pay freezes, no pay raises. They have even started laying off people at our base in memphis. :banghead:

Just as a follow up to this, after I saw this thread posted I went over their website to poke around and ended up signing up to view the job postings. I did not submit a resume but as part of the member information area I filled in my flight times. Apparently 250 PIC in type and 2000 SIC will get you a call back but as right now I have no desire to move on to something else, I don't know how much more than the call back it will get you. The guy seemed really nice on the phone though.

Back