Aviationweather.gov

sorrygottarunway

Does anyone get constant connection issues when trying to load add.aviationweather.gov or aviationweather.gov/adds ? It's intermittent, but I'm wondering if it isn't my computer connection, DNS issue, etc.

weather.gov always seems to be slow to me and it does regularly time out before the page loads. Seems like when you really need to look at the radar it seems to mysteriously be "unavailable" also. Like maybe the radar site is down because the weather is bad, well thats when I would like to look at it!

"Light chop", is that when you get ripples in your coffee or do you have to actually get spillage?

What I have learned is their radar sucks. They turned up the sensitivity way too much. Flown into areas of. Almost pure red and yellow echoes to have a smooth uneventful flight with little precip and nothing showing up on the onboard radar. Other radar sites just showed green levels of precip.

I use aviationweather.gov quite a bit and never really have any problems with the homepage. But like others have mentioned, the radar isn't always available.

What I have learned is their radar sucks. They turned up the sensitivity way too much. Flown into areas of. Almost pure red and yellow echoes to have a smooth uneventful flight with little precip and nothing showing up on the onboard radar. Other radar sites just showed green levels of precip.

That's not the specific website's doing. It's the weather station that runs the radar. Do some research/learning into the different VCP's of a radar and you would understand what they all do.

That's not the specific website's doing. It's the weather station that runs the radar. Do some research/learning into the different VCP's of a radar and you would understand what they all do.

I'm still trying to self educate myself with dual pol products.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Pretty sure the people that run the radar own the site. ;)

Fine. The radar they use on their site sucks. Happy? :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Fine. The radar they use on their site sucks. Happy? :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

It's a crash of the server from all the light chop pireps from 121 crews as they deviate around light-moderate precip.

Seggy ATN_Pilot
That site is for 121 pilots only.

Even if there were convective sigmets or severe turbulance, would you change your flight plan? I think not. Weather info for a freight dog is like a freezer for an eskimo. Like a condom for a virgin. Like underwear for your mom.

Back