Aviation Resume

kr575m

Does anyone have a good example of a resume for avation? I'm trying to re-do my old resume and make it work when applying for CFI jobs.

thanks.

Pay the $$ and have a professional resume service prepare one for you.

Your resume is the ONLY WAY a company has to determine whether they will call you to interview or not. That piece of paper is worth it's weight in gold and is not something you should try to do yourself. Even if you have a model to follow, unless you are a wizard with Microsoft Word it's likely to look sloppy.

I'm as cheap as anyone, but don't skimp here folks.

Use tabs in MS Word and you should be fine. Below is mine, but I can't upload .doc on here so you can't see how I did the tabs.

I thought it looked pretty good, but then again I never paid anyone to do it. It got me all my CFI jobs and my regional job, and a couple dozen call backs. I'm not sure paying someone to do a CFI resume is really needed, as long as you have a good template. For a Fortune 1 job? Yeah probably ;).

Use tabs in MS Word and you should be fine. Below is mine, but I can't upload .doc on here so you can't see how I did the tabs.

I thought it looked pretty good, but then again I never paid anyone to do it. It got me all my CFI jobs and my regional job, and a couple dozen call backs. I'm not sure paying someone to do a CFI resume is really needed, as long as you have a good template. For a Fortune 1 job? Yeah probably ;).

I really like your resume... What if we have no skills other than being a simple pilot?

Yeah I was wondering the same thing, what should a CFI resume applying for his first job look like or should I even have one? It seems like some places want resumes though. I doubt they care about my serving and bartending skills I have developed over the past 5 years but I don't know.

Why would they not care? Do they not show a strong work ethic? Do they not show customer service experience? Don't be ashamed of the experiences that show non-aviation facets of your character and personality.

:yeahthat:

When you're first starting out a career, you just have to find a way to show that your previous jobs were preparing you for your new job. I had mechanic in the Air Force and grocery store stocker on my resume. Both show that I can follow directions and pay attention to detail. Those are both very important in a lot of aviation jobs.

Back