Resolved AVG threat detected several time navigating forum

Rotor2Wing

Unapologetically American
Just as the title says... Exploit Blackhole Exploit Kit (type 2364)

Just wanted to give a heads up incase the forum had been hacked.

According to AVG this is hacking software embedded into the site.

Derg

Yeah AVG has been causing a lot of people headaches lately with how bad their system is.

I got it too, it's actually due to the openx.org ads being served which is a known vector. openx has a glorious history of having their ad servers compromised and through xss attacks malware can potentially be pushed to end users. Derg might be worth sending your ad account reps a note on it.

Attachments

• openx.org-xss.jpg
    openx.org-xss.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 187
I'm getting it right now. Twice , two refreshes, 10 minutes apart. No ads on the page.

330s5e9.png

My NAV is going crazy. Getting hit every 15 seconds while typing this. Closed your tab, problem goes away.

I'm also getting a warning from Norton while browsing JC.

It reads:
"Norton blocked at attack by: Web Attack: Mass Injection Website 5"

And JC is the only thing running on my PC.

Yay, Norton.

Let me do some research with the ad server.

Thank you sir.

I thought that it sounded unusual that another thread about the AVG warnings just started up about the same time this started happening to me as well.

It turns out that, indeed, OpenAds was under attack.

Strange, they pick up $20 million in funding last week, throw a big party, get hacked and then cut off the free service and would like to charge us $3,000/month to do what I've been using for free for the past decade.

MERRIKAH!

So I'm transfering to a new, more stable service. Enjoy a couple "ad free" days until it's migrated to a new service and I'll work on a week of credit for my advertisers. Yay.

Back