Average student age

Lakunas

I was just wondering what the avergae student age at ATP was, not that it really matters, but it sounds that most who attend ATP are b/w their 30s and 40s looking to make a career change. I, myself, am 21. Just wondering what the makeup of the school is thats all.

i went through the program and would say the average age of most of the students is between 20-30. mostly mid twenties.

Oh no! Don't tell me that I'll be the "old man" of the class there too. I was the oldest when I went through the police academy.

Hollywood’s right:

When I tour JAX most were in their 20’s/early 30’s. Almost all non-college based aviation schools I toured I found student age range from 18 through mid 40’s. The college-based schools were a little younger on average.

A word of advice: When you get a chance squeeze as much knowledge, skills, advice, and wisdom from your older students. Most of them have been working in the professional world for some time now and have tons of real world experience to bring to the table. Armed with that and the aviation knowledge you will learn at ATP will help your career excel.

I will be in the backend of curve when I start in May (age 35)
laugh.gif

It's good to know that at age 30, I'm not terribly conspicuous starting off like I was starting in the Navy at age 25. That felt very odd. This whole age thing has lost me sleep in the past (ie, shouldn't I be settled in to the lifetime position at company X, 2.5 kids, a house and 2 cars?). So for sure don't be put off to be 21 at ATP (not to say that you are). You've got the advantage of time on your side, which is GOLD.

True, true. Most of my students are pro pilots getting their ATP, and I learn more from them than I teach. Little things, like approach techniques, checklist usage, and creative negotiations with controllers that taken together really help. The career advice and networking opportunity is tremendous, and will undoubtedly pay off when I have more experience.

[ QUOTE ]
Oh no! Don't tell me that I'll be the "old man" of the class there too. I was the oldest when I went through the police academy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I was dead average in age. Jax and ATL seem to have a younger crowd, but most everyone else was above 25.

Back