Average price for CFI?

Benji86

So anyone have an average price for the initial CFI rating, I find anything from $2,995 to $5,000. I don't have much left of my training funds, and I am trying to get an idea of the cost.

CFI is pretty much up to you and how much personal effort you put into it. The more you study and practice, and prepare, and study, and practice, and prepare, and study.......

....the cheaper it is.

It cost me about $4,000, and I got my initial CFI as well as my II. But it all depends on how much effort you put into it since most of the training is stuff you can do at home.

Well I assumed much of the work could be done at home, just wasn't sure that that could affect the cost. Thanks for the help guys!

The flight portion wasn't to hard for me, since I did my CFI right after I got my commercial. The hardest part for me was getting used to sitting in the right seat. But other than that, it should be fairly cheap.

I hope its not too expensive, my funds are almost gone. As it is, I will have to wait on my CMEL rating. Man this stuff is so expensive. People are shocked when I tell them how much money I have spent on flying. And I tell them that my cost has been about average!:drool:

I had to wait till after I got my CFI till I could start my CMEL. I was living in Tulsa for awhile and logged over 350 hours in four months, so that is where my money came from. It sucks, but if you're busy there no reason why you can't pay for your CMEL later.

Yeah, thats what I had planned too. Get some sort of instructor rating, so I can finally get paid to fly, instead of the other way around. I am a graphic artist right now, and this industry is like the aviation industry, it goes up and it goes down, everyone wants to be a graphic artist, only its too damn hard to make a decent paycheck, (and I sit at a desk! I hate that part!)

Back