Austin TX Instruction/Rental

AA34

Anyone have a recommendation for instruction and rental in Austin?

I got my PPL from Austin Academy of Aviation a number of years ago but it doesn’t seem to be the same place it used to be. My goal would be to get a rental checkout and work on commercial certificates. Appears that the GA scene out of KAUS is nonexistent.

Anyone have a recommendation for instruction and rental in Austin?

I got my PPL from Austin Academy of Aviation a number of years ago but it doesn’t seem to be the same place it used to be. My goal would be to get a rental checkout and work on commercial certificates. Appears that the GA scene out of KAUS is nonexistent.

Not true. You just gotta look. Start with University Flying Club?

It’s closed.

There is another club on the field but have had no response. Do you live in Austin?

Used to. Shame about UFC - that was a good club. Chandelle FC was another I remember but I think the buy in was really high.

How much time do you need to build? Could you buy a plane, time build and sell?

Used to. Shame about UFC - that was a good club. Chandelle FC was another I remember but I think the buy in was really high.

How much time do you need to build? Could you buy a plane, time build and sell?
They were the one I’m waiting to hear back from. I’m at 230 so not much and have actually considered buying a plane and keeping it at a smaller field outside town.

I’ve also heard of places in Georgetown and San Marcos but from where I live not the most convenient. I appreciate the feedback!

Back